• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

How does anyone take Bernie seriously, or any of these candidates for that matter.

Pete or GTFO

Every republican and alleged independent will vote for trump. Just like they did last time.

Also let’s set a timer for 30 years from now and check in on Pete’s net worth

Glad this one has been worth watching at least

LOL young poor.

Pete’s net worth is $100K.
Warren’s net worth is $10M.

LOL young poor.

Pete’s net worth is $100K.
Warren’s net worth is $10M.

If he makes literally 0 money for 30 years and gets a 9% rate of return that’s 1.3M.

If he makes $50k/yr, he’ll be at 8.5.

Any thoughts on who will have more, Warren today or Pete at Warren’s age? I honestly don’t give a shit but if you had to guess?

(Fully recognize this isn’t how money works, just introducing the idea of compound interest and several decades of time into the mix.)

WTF are we arguing about here?

Is there some super low net worth necessary to qualify a candidate for the support of some here?

WTF are we arguing about here?

Is there some super low net worth necessary to qualify a candidate for the support of some here?

Wealth shouldn't factor into whether or not someone can run.

Good WaPo article suggesting minority voters are not being polled correctly.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ate-if-polls-counted-people-color-accurately/

That leaves pollsters with two accuracy problems: surveying enough nonwhites and ensuring that sample represents the full array of people of color. They don’t. For instance, none of the qualifying polls has offered the survey in any Asian languages — even though Asian Americans are expected to make up 7 percent of Democratic voters nationally. And with Latinos making up an estimated 17 percent of Democratic voters, all qualifying polls should be available in Spanish.

That’s important. Academic research suggests offering Spanish and Asian languages results in more accurate and representative voter samples. Consider the fact that in 2010, FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver concluded that Nevada polls failed to predict Harry M. Reid’s five-point victory in the Senate race partly because they didn’t offer polling in Spanish and included too few Latinos in their samples.
That’s being repeated. Many 2020 polls are conducted only in English or offer Spanish callbacks rather than immediate options — which results in sampling too few Spanish-speaking voters. As a result, too many of the “mainstream” polls significantly oversample college-educated and higher-income minority voters simply because they’re easier to reach than those with lower socioeconomic status.

If he makes literally 0 money for 30 years and gets a 9% rate of return that’s 1.3M.

If he makes $50k/yr, he’ll be at 8.5.

Any thoughts on who will have more, Warren today or Pete at Warren’s age? I honestly don’t give a shit but if you had to guess?

WTF are you talking about? If someone makes $50K, how much can they save?

Nelson: Hey, look how much Skinner makes--$25,000 a year! (the kids are impressed)
Bart: (typing into a calculator) Let's see, he's 40 years old, times $25 grand...whoa, he's a millionaire!
Children: Wow!
Principal Skinner: I wasn't a principal when I was one!
Nelson: Plus, in the summer, he paints houses.
Milhouse: He's a billionaire!
Children: Wow!
Principal Skinner: If I were a billionaire, why would I be living with my mother? (the kids laugh) They don't seem to listen to logic anymore.

No I think the bigger issue is that there is now a minimum income requirement to run for president. And outside of Pete is appears to contain a lot of zeroes.

Yes, people who are successful have a built in advantage in candidacies, particularly presidential, just like attractive people do. I know this truth will shock the delicate sensibilities of some here.

Yes, people who are successful have a built in advantage in candidacies, particularly presidential, just like attractive people do. I know this truth will shock the delicate sensibilities of some here.

I continue to believe that if we are going to defeat Donald Trump next year, Joe Biden offers the best opportunity to achieve that goal. He's not perfect and his son hasn't done him any favors with his lifestyle & business activities, but Biden still has the broadest appeal of the current candidates in the swing states needed to defeat Trump.

However, placing Abrams on the ticket with him instead of someone like Kamala Harris would be a disaster akin to McCain picking Sarah Palin. And it isn't just about looks. Palin was extremely attractive, but she was an airhead who was totally unqualified to be vice president, much less president. Abrams is extremely obese....somewhere around 5'3" & 185 lbs or so....which, barring a medical condition, indicates a lack of judgment & personal responsibility. Also, she has reportedly run up a credit card debt of $227,000. What responsible person exercising good judgment runs up a credit card debt of $227,000? I don't want that person making decisions for me.

Biden/Harris is a ticket that can defeat Trump....but it is not going to be easy. This impeachment fiasco was an unforced error that has energized Republicans and ensured a huge GOP turnout next year. Democrats should stop fighting each other and get behind a Biden/Harris ticket. Progressives represent a growing segment of the Democratic Party but they are considerably to the left of the country as a whole. Contrary to what they say, Biden is still a liberal. The difference is that Biden can get elected, whereas Sanders or Warren cannot.

Yeah, I'm thinking bkf. This one looks a lot like "PINEAPPLE" talking about Pete's student loan debt. Also, the line about what Wake students are learning these days in the Pit thread looks like him. We will find out for sure soon enough.

Back