• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

god forbid i question the authenticity of three white media bros looking to make big bucks after working on Obama/Clinton campaigns. In PSA, I trust. Gonna go watch rachel maddow reruns now.

god forbid i question the authenticity of three white media bros looking to make big bucks after working on Obama/Clinton campaigns. In PSA, I trust. Gonna go watch rachel maddow reruns now.

that's quiet a charge - evidence the hosts are inauthentic?

so your position is that the PSA guys knew everything that the NYT's story ended up breaking beforehand and chose to work with Miller and fake-disowned him when the story broke

I think I get your point, but this isn’t the right word. Question what their motives or biases are (they at least try to be transparent in that regard) and criticize them for remaining too chummy with conservatives if you think it undermines their overall message and goals. But it seems pretty baseless to question their authenticity.

God Democrats suck. I might as well vote for Trump

That they collaborated with the guy who owned and operated the research firm that did the anti-semitic smearing?

My impression is that Gillibrand has a lot of ground to make up with who you’d think would be her core audience, suburban white women.

That they collaborated with the guy who owned and operated the research firm that did the anti-semitic smearing?

Not familiar with this, but it seems they did not actually do anti-semitic smearing, they persuaded a Jewish civil rights group to cast criticism of Facebook as anti-Semitic -- but carry on. What it seems like is they had Tim Miller on the podcast sometimes as a reasonable Republican, but I assume you are more familiar with his role MHB.

So they didn't do the smearing, they just convinced another group to do the smearing. Got it. All good then.

So they didn't do the smearing, they just convinced another group to do the smearing. Got it. All good then.

No, that is actually incorrect, for two reasons. 1) I didn't say it was "all good" and 2) they did not convince another group to do the smearing, they convinced another group to claim they were smeared.

Do you want to DM to go over this some more so we make sure you are clear? I will use small words.

Speaking of Facebook and Zuckerberg, I'd love to see him run for the Dem nomination just so he can be appropriately savaged for all of their questionable activities the last few years.

Did they collaborate with him on the research or the smearing? Did they have him on the pod to talk about the research or the smearing? Do you think they are actually ok with what Miller or Facebook did? Do they still collaborate with Miller?

Seems pretty weak. They deserve criticism for giving Miller a platform in the first place, but I’m not going to question whether that Favs tweet was authentic because they happened to work with a dude who did something entirely unrelated that was shitty.

Did they collaborate with him on the research or the smearing? Did they have him on the pod to talk about the research or the smearing? Do you think they are actually ok with what Miller or Facebook did? Do they still collaborate with Miller?

Seems pretty weak. They deserve criticism for giving Miller a platform in the first place, but I’m not going to question whether that Favs tweet was authentic because they happened to work with a dude who did something entirely unrelated that was shitty.

they worked with him, the NYT released a story about it, PAS severed ties. jury still out on whether or not it was a known issue prior to their work together but MHBD must have some information.

The original statement I objected to was "there is nothing fake about them." We aren't talking about a real high bar here for someone to argue a subjective point that there could be something fake about them.

I happen to think running a podcast called "Pod Save America," having no substantive analysis of how to save America, bringing on Tim Miller as a collaborator, when you know what he has done/does for his professional career, then feigning outrage that shitty person does shitty thing, calls into question the statement "there is nothing fake about them."

Willing to just take the L and say their politics suck, because I'm not that invested in talking about them anymore.

My impression is that Gillibrand has a lot of ground to make up with who you’d think would be her core audience, suburban white women.

You seem to have a thing for soccer moms... Just saying.

The original statement I objected to was "there is nothing fake about them." We aren't talking about a real high bar here for someone to argue a subjective point that there could be something fake about them.

I happen to think running a podcast called "Pod Save America," having no substantive analysis of how to save America, bringing on Tim Miller as a collaborator, when you know what he has done/does for his professional career, then feigning outrage that shitty person does shitty thing, calls into question the statement "there is nothing fake about them."

Willing to just take the L and say their politics suck, because I'm not that invested in talking about them anymore.

Just because you disagree with their substantive analysis doesn’t mean they aren’t offering any.

Do you honestly believe the outrage was feigned?

And they aren’t nearly as centrist as you think they are.

Back