• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

You seem to have a thing for soccer moms... Just saying.

Not sure how my post indicates that. But I don't think it's weird for a 42 year old suburban dad to find his female counterparts attractive.

I'd LOVE to see Zuckerberg/Facebook be fined the agreed upon FTC penalty of $40,000 per person whose data has been shared against their will and agreement with Facebook. Allegedly, the number of customers was allegedly a bit over 100M.

Bankrupt that lying cheating bastard Zuckerberg.

To follow up on the statement I made about Gillibrand, Kamala Harris seems to be getting a lot of love from the white women 35+ from friends and on progressive and feminist Facebook groups.

I’m in Finland this week and some coworkers were asking me who is running in 2020 and they started laughing when I mentioned Harris bc Kamala is apparently the Finnish word for hideous.

To follow up on the statement I made about Gillibrand, Kamala Harris seems to be getting a lot of love from the white women 35+ from friends and on progressive and feminist Facebook groups.

538 Politics Podcasf had her as the 2nd most liberal Senator of the last 2 years, behind Warren, so there’s a lot to like for those demographics. (FWIW, Sanders was 5th most liberal. Sorry M&M Bros.) I have a feeling Harris is going to push hard on the “smart on crime” angle, for better or for worse. That will also help with the listed demographics, but may not be the broadest umbrella to being everyone under. As big of an issue in society as mass incarceration and criminal justice is, it isn’t the topic du jour of national politics right now, and with Trump likely in this thing for the long haul, it likely won’t become a huge talking point for the whole of the 2020 race. It does seem slightly calculated to try and grab as many independents and maybe even some moderate Pubs (assuming they still exist; I don’t think they do) while maintaining her liberal bonafides.

I think Kamala Harris is the only candidate so far who could draw moderates and progressives with the same message. A lot of moderates are moderates because they really haven't heard a progressive message explained to them in a constructive way.

I think Kamala Harris is the only candidate so far who could draw moderates and progressives with the same message. A lot of moderates are moderates because they really haven't heard a progressive message explained to them in a constructive way.

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Which conclusion?

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

YXN7PCf.gif

Is there proof that Harris is a particularly adept communicator? Is this just an identity politics thing that they'll relate to her more since she's a woman and younger?

i thought the conclusion was that KH could pull moderates bc, in his opinion, many moderates would find progressive policies appealing if explained in a constructive way

“I think” is the opinion. I’m interested in this theory about how all moderates are into things like Medicare for all, progressive taxation, anti-interventionism/war, etc. but are just waiting for the right messenger.

Back