• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Should have just turned on trump tv. Monday morning after everything going on their website was half golden globes. Don't worry though fussing about hollywood and the squad are critical topics for real snowflake 'mericans to be worried about.

To be fair to Biff... Liquid Karma did post yesterday that we would be at war within 24 hours.

And not sure Biff's cable package includes Al_Jazeera so MSNBC is the next best choice.

I also checked out some level-headed analysis from Newt Gingrich on Fox News.

it is always strange the hobbies that people have....B-Rad likes to review the posting history of other board members to catch them in contradictions and/or gotcha moments

The only reason things are relatively calm right now is because Iran (those filthy mooslims) retaliated with a "reasoned and measured" response. It appears that they actively tried not to harm Americans. Hell, Moscow mitch may have even gotten ahold of trump and told him he needs to back down for his sake (removal him from office) to save the party as a whole. Probably not since mm wants to keep that 200 mil russian investment in Kentucky.

If Iran would have their own Fox News, it would blaming the US for the Ukrainian air disaster and the war would be on.

Can anyone remind me who the most consistent anti-war candidate is?

There should be no quandry or hesitation or rationalization. It's VERY simple. If you don't vote for the Dem, you are voting for Trump.

You can try any excuse you want, but that is the reality.

Which is why it is important for the Democrats to get this nomination right.

I understand what RJ is saying. Again, why the Democratic nominee is so important. There are a lot of people who will consider holding their noses and voting for Trump (or not voting) rather than voting for Sanders. There are other Democratic candidates more palatable to those voters.

I understand what RJ is saying. Again, why the Democratic nominee is so important. There are a lot of people who will consider holding their noses and voting for Trump (or not voting) rather than voting for Sanders. There are other Democratic candidates more palatable to those voters.

Why should we (registered Democrats - I’m not sure how you identify) cater to those voters vs candidates like Warren and Sanders who could increase base turnout?

Those who would consider voting for Trump are likely to vote for Trump saying they didn't like the Dem as an excuse. The reality is the supporters of whomever loses in the primary need to be as vocal, active and determined to bring out the youth and minority vote for the nominee.

There is no wiggle room. If you are young or old and refuse to be as supportive of Biden or someone else, you are destroying your future to prove a childish point. A 6-3 or 7-2 Supreme Court of Trump nominees will harm the most important aspects of your lives. A federal court system with 50% of radical, racist, homophobic, climate denying Trump, lifetime appointees will happen.

In the old days, in Philly, the Big 5 had crazy fans for LaSalle, St. Joe's, Temple, Penn and Villanova. When they played each other families often wouldn't talk to each other. But you could count on two things. After St. Joe played Nova, the players and fans would often go out together after the game, and the Nova and St' Joe's fans would join with the fans of the team that played in the first game against all outsiders.

That's the way it has to be from the Summer-November. Don't cry. Don't whine. Fight like hell for your future. A future that will be devastated if you don't act and let Trump win again.

Why should we (registered Democrats - I’m not sure how you identify) cater to those voters vs candidates like Warren and Sanders who could increase base turnout?

Which base?

I don’t think any current candidate can just automatically increase turnout the way Obama did.

Which base?

I don’t think any current candidate can just automatically increase turnout the way Obama did.

Obama didn’t automatically increase turnout. The DNC had an incredible grassroots effort (designed by Board favorite Howard Dean) that Obama was able to build on with his already impressive campaign apparatus.

The Democratic folks least likely to vote are young people, particularly young POC. Who do you think they support? I have shared the survey data on here before, but it’s pretty clearly Sanders and then Warren.

The “no we can’t” sector of the base reliably votes, but a progressive candidate rallies the rest, which is why Obama completely destroyed the primary field as a relative newcomer back in 2007-2008.

Back