• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

there is no door for Steyer or Bloomberg

and I think you're right on the rotation of front-runners and the difficulty of maintaining the top slot -- however, the timing for Sanders rising to the top (or near it) a couple weeks out of Iowa is part of the excitement

Clearly there is a door. They’re doing better than candidates who have been in for a year.

They're also billionaires. They're proving that you can buy your way into an election.

Ph, of the three frontrunners, who do you think has the best chance of winning? You can't say Pete and you can't say none of them.

Winning the primary, general, or both?

Not getting too excited at all about Bernie.

He’s got the most diverse coalition both racially and economically from donors and preferred polling voters. He’s got the most individual donors and the best q4 numbers. Tied for lead in Iowa, leading in NH, second in some polls where he was supposed to be getting blown out in SC, leading in a couple Super Tuesday states.

I also think his message on Iran was by far the easiest to get behind. Didn’t try for the kind of nuance the rest of the Dems did, has been passionately and vehemently anti-war for decades, and that’s popular. For the largest voting bloc in 2020, 9/11 and the war on terror were defining events in their generation, and they are not viewed kindly by history. Another area Sanders can consistently and simply show himself to be the strongest candidate.

Not getting too excited at all about Bernie.

He’s got the most diverse coalition both racially and economically from donors and preferred polling voters. He’s got the most individual donors and the best q4 numbers. Tied for lead in Iowa, leading in NH, second in some polls where he was supposed to be getting blown out in SC, leading in a couple Super Tuesday states.

I also think his message on Iran was by far the easiest to get behind. Didn’t try for the kind of nuance the rest of the Dems did, has been passionately and vehemently anti-war for decades, and that’s popular. For the largest voting bloc in 2020, 9/11 and the war on terror were defining events in their generation, and they are not viewed kindly by history. Another area Sanders can consistently and simply show himself to be the strongest candidate.

Like the way he treated women who worked for him in 2016?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/02/us/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-sexism.html

Meanwhile, Elizabeth Warren goes high. A great statement (finally) from the Warren campaign that neglects the obvious media bait and sticks to the issue:

Meanwhile, Elizabeth Warren goes high. A great statement (finally) from the Warren campaign that neglects the obvious media bait and sticks to the issue:

That’s a really strong statement. Too bad it’s not click baity enough to be noticed.

Why doesn't Bernie respect women? He treated Hillary with disdain. He didn't pay female campaign workers as well as men. He also treated badly enough to have to apologize. He tells Warren neither she nor other women can win the presidency.

Really good Bernie....

Why doesn't Bernie respect women? He treated Hillary with disdain. He didn't pay female campaign workers as well as men. He also treated badly enough to have to apologize. He tells Warren neither she nor other women can win the presidency.

Really good Bernie....

stop

Really good Bernie....

Stop shitting on Bernie. He may very well be the nominee and we can’t have this negativity. Suburban educated women who voted for Trump in 2016 need to abandon that motherfucker and vote for who ever the Dem nominee is. We don’t need rumblings about any misogyny, especially knowing the GOP opponent.

What’s so bad about Neera Tanden? I’ve just seen some of her tweets. Why is she this big evil?

rj are you a feminist

Yes, which is why Bernie's actions are objectionable.

Townie can slam Pete and others, but I can't discuss historical events about Bernie without Townie crying and negging.

Maybe he, MHB and more who slam other Dems should think about what they are doing.

Here’s where I am at the moment about this confusing nonsense:

Ugh edit not working here’s the first tweet I tried to embed, goodnight.

Now, you are calling Warren a liar. That's low.

If any of those on the debate stage had a backbone, he/she would state unequivocally that Vladimir Putin has declared war on the United States by his actions in 2016 and since. That person should say if he/she wins the WH there will be personal sanctions against all of Putin's holdings and against Russia.

That person could take the leadership position by asking the rest of the candidates to join him/her and stand up for America. Besides being the right thing to do, it will put Trump back on his heels. Additionally, it will show strength and unity. This will further piss Trump off for months and focus the election on his criminality.

We can't tear ourselves apart before we beat Trump.

I'm not going to hold my breath, but this needs to happen. It's not OK to attack each other and then cry if some hits you.

BTW, by taking the position above, he/she will have more latitude on other issues.

Back