• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Seriously? You’ve been dogging Biden hard.

I just mean it would help his chances of winning. I don't like either candidate all that much, but it would make the Biden pill a little easier to swallow.

If your 401k is what matters most to you, do you really trust an unstable moron like Trump to keep that going? That guy will tank this whole thing.

If your 401k is what matters most to you, do you really trust an unstable moron like Trump to keep that going? That guy will tank this whole thing.

I don't think this is the democrat's strongest argument personally.

Broad strokes, but the people with 401Ks in this country are very likely to be fine no matter who the president is, for the most part. I think we should be much more worried about the people who don't have access to the market, who have no retirement accounts. And maybe the public doesn't realize how many people are in that situation. *Half* the country owns no stocks whatsoever.

Broad strokes, but the people with 401Ks in this country are very likely to be fine no matter who the president is, for the most part. I think we should be much more worried about the people who don't have access to the market, who have no retirement accounts. And maybe the public doesn't realize how many people are in that situation. *Half* the country owns no stocks whatsoever.

yeah which is why it's infuriating whenever someone brings up their 401K as a reason to keep Trump. Like my in-laws. They are pretty conservative but despise him because he's a boorish asshole, not as much on policy -- they mostly agree minus, maybe, babies in cages. Voted for Hillary in 16. But they don't like any of the candidates, but DO like how the 401K looks so they might have a tough decision in November.

I don't think this is the democrat's strongest argument personally.

Definitely not, per tilts post. I wouldn’t suggest they use that in a debate. But it’s something the Trump supporters who value “the economy” i.e. their portfolio should consider.

Police State Kamala makes it easier to swallow biden?

While I was disappointed in her campaign and tactics, calling her Police State is a gross misrepresentation of her positions as a prosecutor and AG, though I think I realize you're being facetious. Agree or disagree, I thought she defended those positions quite well in interviews. I don't see how she helps Biden that much. And I'm really having trouble thinking of a running mate who would help him. Klobuchar makes some geographical sense, but she lacks charisma. Abrams lacks any experience and has the tax issue. I like Buttigieg, but he also lacks experience, though he could also offer some geographical help. If Biden is going to be a 1 termer, which he probably will be whether he wants to or not, he should have a veep who is ready to step into the position. I think Booker makes the most sense. He has all the requisite experience and is charismatic and likeable. The other person who makes sense to me and who could be a good asset, though he lacks the same level of experience is Castro. Both Booker and Castro would be acceptable to most Dem voters and would make for a strong presumptive nominee for 2024.

While I was disappointed in her campaign and tactics, calling her Police State is a gross misrepresentation of her positions as a prosecutor and AG, though I think I realize you're being facetious. Agree or disagree, I thought she defended those positions quite well in interviews. I don't see how she helps Biden that much. And I'm really having trouble thinking of a running mate who would help him. Klobuchar makes some geographical sense, but she lacks charisma. Abrams lacks any experience and has the tax issue. I like Buttigieg, but he also lacks experience, though he could also offer some geographical help. If Biden is going to be a 1 termer, which he probably will be whether he wants to or not, he should have a veep who is ready to step into the position. I think Booker makes the most sense. He has all the requisite experience and is charismatic and likeable. The other person who makes sense to me and who could be a good asset, though he lacks the same level of experience is Castro. Both Booker and Castro would be acceptable to most Dem voters and would make for a strong presumptive nominee for 2024.

yeah that's more of a joke on the Bro's criticisms of her

yeah which is why it's infuriating whenever someone brings up their 401K as a reason to keep Trump. Like my in-laws. They are pretty conservative but despise him because he's a boorish asshole, not as much on policy -- they mostly agree minus, maybe, babies in cages. Voted for Hillary in 16. But they don't like any of the candidates, but DO like how the 401K looks so they might have a tough decision in November.

People vote in their real and perceived self-interest. If the market had been flat since 2016, you can bet the Dems would be hammering Trump on that.

Back