• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

because they haven't finished extracting all the value out, yet

B5-lDJWCUAAwfya.jpg

oh i'm not concerned about bernie's ground game at all

You'd have to get 50% more of millennials to show up to equal older voters.

Of course, you have lots of excuses of why your group doesn't vote. After all, it can't be your fault.

You'd have to get 50% more of millennials to show up to equal older voters.

Of course, you have lots of excuses of why your group doesn't vote. After all, it can't be your fault.

rj while you have been sitting typing away on your decrepit soiled diaper ass, i've actually been out canvassing and phone banking, so fucking quit it with this "it's never your fault" nonsense

rj while you have been sitting typing away on your decrepit soiled diaper ass, i've actually been out canvassing and phone banking, so fucking quit it with this "it's never your fault" nonsense

There you go again name calling. Can't dispute the facts, so act like a child or an orange child. How Trumpian of you to do that!

You've always blamed 16 on older voters not the laziness of your generation who didn't even vote absentee from their couches.

There you go again name calling. Can't dispute the facts, so act like a child or an orange child. How Trumpian of you to do that!

You've always blamed 16 on older voters not the laziness of your generation who didn't even vote absentee from their couches.

k5wxv1kh_v41tf2_1ny5mz5.png

Maybe if more of your cohort had sat on the couch, we'd have a Clinton win in 2016!

I wish I'd be around to see you in thirty years when those numbers still hold and watch the 20 somethings say the same thing about millennials as you are saying about boomers.

I wish I'd be around to see you in thirty years when those numbers still hold and watch the 20 somethings say the same thing about millennials as you are saying about boomers.

And they’ll probably be right, just like we are right now

Also thank god boomers won’t be around in 30 years, maybe then we can finally start turning things around just in time to leave a scorched, toxic planet in the hopes that near-lightspeed travel and cryosleep can save humanity

Lol sweet reporting here

weird. i went to high school with her. i think i need to get off the internet for a while.

Also I think for those of you who underestimate how Bernie will play in some states, AOC has become an instant room-filler on the campaign trail for him: https://gothamist.com/news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-iowa-weekend-without-bernie

I also liked this section, showing her crossover appeal for supporters of other candidates:
Dev Jeev Padavath, 21, said he isn’t backing Sanders in next week’s caucuses, unlike the majority of Iowa Democrats under 30. Padavath, a junior at Iowa State University majoring in supply chain management, wore an Andrew Yang T-shirt to Sanders’ campaign event in Ames on Saturday night. “I’m not a big Bernie supporter,” he said. “I just wanted to see AOC.”

Padavath said he thought she was “a lot different from what I’ve seen on TV. I feel like TV doesn’t do her justice,” noting that the mainstream media makes her sound “shrill.”

“I don’t agree with a lot of her views, but to [get] where she’s gotten, that’s impressive,” he said.

And, as I've continually said:

“There’s so much noise in politics. Lots of people talking on TV who have probably never knocked a door in their life, talking about what will work and what won’t work,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “I never learned more about anything than when I would go out and knock doors and hear about people’s experiences firsthand.”

yea exactly

when i hear this i think stephen miller
She began with a story about a visit to the doctor three months before she won the primary race that would lead her to becoming one of the most recognized public figures in the world. A server at the time, she had no health insurance, so she brought cash. After getting a physical, Ocasio-Cortez said she was told that she still needed some blood tests, and that those tests would cost more money.

“I sat in the room with my doctor, and I just started to weep,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “I had just showed up to the doctor with a bag of cash to be told that I needed something that I couldn’t afford, so that I couldn’t know if there was something wrong with me or not.”

Ocasio-Cortez spoke slowly and deliberately; the auditorium was silent.

“In that moment, I felt ridiculous, I felt embarrassed, I felt humiliated. What is someone like that doing running for office? That’s the exact opposite of power,” she recounted.

yeah i challenge any person should go to the ER one night, even with 'good' health insurance, and come out thinking this is how any group of people, let along Americans should handle health care

Back