• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

yeah i challenge any person should go to the ER one night, even with 'good' health insurance, and come out thinking this is how any group of people, let along Americans should handle health care

Very true.

It’s a cluster fck.

Apologies then. Your dedication to the lazy millennial stereotype reads a lot like blind hatred to me.

Gen Z, Millennials and Gen X outvoted older generations in 2018 midterms

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...-outvoted-older-generations-in-2018-midterms/

Rj couldn't boom any harder if he tried

tenor.gif

You are totally blind. It's not hate (a word that your generation uses way too much and don't understand). How many times do I and others have to BEG you to take power before you do it?

The rank dismissiveness of you and your colleagues is also a weakness. You don't want any help from anyone who doesn't genuflect and kiss your butts. You don't want to listen to anyone who doesn't kneel down to you. Even those of us who may agree with you 70-90% of what you want.

You demand total fealty just like Trump.

Did you even read the first sentence I wrote? What the hell are you talking about?

yes but a byproduct of smug pundit brain is everyone who follows this closely now thinks they're a Politics Knower and it absolutely ruins the discourse. see also: ChrisL, who is still absolutely CERTAIN Hillary has Michigan in the bag.

MAKING STUFF UP IS FUN!!!!!11111!!!!

You can't be this dense. Can you?

In the very article you quote, it shows 64% of boomers voted versus 42% of millennials and 30% of GenZ.

More young people got off their couch and voted than old people did.

Do better olds.

Actually, scratch that. Based on the 2018 results, boomers can stay on the couch.

Did you even read the first sentence I wrote? What the hell are you talking about?

I was editing what I first posted while you were posting.

I'll give you an example. I and others have been vilified here for not supporting Bernie or Warren's version of M4A. Thus being "stooges" and worse for the insurance industry.

Think critically rather than having a kneejerk reaction to the following.

The quickest, safest and most logical way to get rid of the insurance industry's evil control of our healthcare system would be to make Medicare a full option for everyone. Whether you buy insurance yourself or you work for a company with 5 employees or 50,000 employees, you can buy into coverage at the same price.

The dramatically cheaper and deeper coverage would be chosen by nearly everyone. No one would be scared about losing their insurance. Once the movement to this option happens, current insurance companies will be relegated to provided supplemental policies like they do for Medicare (many supplements are free) and do in countries like England and Germany.

You don't need to have a tax like Bernie wants to do it. The way the NHS (UK), German and other systems work is the person and company pay for the universal care. Hell, that's the way it works here.

You may ask, "How do you know it will be dramatically cheaper immediately?" - This answer is simple:

Private insurance companies have 15+% overhead vs. 3-4% overhead for Medicare. That's a huge and immediate savings
Private insurance companies are allowed to make 15% profits- they would go bye bye creating more savings
We'd be in a pool of 100,000,000+ regardless of the size of your group. This drive prices down.

But time after time I am excoriated by posters for this. One has to toe the line. You can't vary from the party line even if your idea gets to the same results with fewer problems and very likely quicker and more efficiently.

More young people got off their couch and voted than old people did.

Do better olds.

Actually, scratch that. Based on the 2018 results, boomers can stay on the couch.

There are more of you. Your blind, irrational hatred keeps you from seeing reality.

What this shows is if Gen X and Millennials got off their asses and voted in the same percentages as older people do, you'd run the fucking place.

I thought you were talking about generational cohort involvement in politics. Now you're giving me examples about your view on Medicare and pairing that with how posters criticize you for it? I don't understand how the example has anything to do with either millennial or boomer political activity. I'm really sorry but I can't follow this train of thought. Gonna take a break from the boards today.

There are more of you. Your blind, irrational hatred keeps you from seeing reality.

What this shows is if Gen X and Millennials got off their asses and voted in the same percentages as older people do, you'd run the fucking place.

I wonder if you'll every realize that you're asking other generations to do something that your own didn't.

so the millennials need to get off their asses because boomers are voting for Trump

Not shockingly, you don't understand a simple premise but have to be snarky with your ignorance.

Get of your asses if you want to get the results you want. You have an easy path. Take it!

RJ believes that posting on the boards makes a difference in the world. It doesn’t, but if you read his posts with that perspective in mind he’s a bit more intelligible.

I wonder if you'll every realize that you're asking other generations to do something that your own didn't.

Except we did when it was our turn. We ended a war. We helped create the environmental movement. We helped with the civil rights movement. We started the gay rights movement. First real healthcare change in fifty years.

You guys have done Tinder and tweeted. Have to give you that.

Not shockingly, you don't understand a simple premise but have to be snarky with your ignorance.

Get of your asses if you want to get the results you want. You have an easy path. Take it!

I'm confused

did Boomers turn in more votes for Trump or Hillary?

Except we did when it was our turn. We ended a war. We helped create the environmental movement. We helped with the civil rights movement. We started the gay rights movement. First real healthcare change in fifty years.

You guys have done Tinder and tweeted. Have to give you that.

Boomers were great at protesting. And absolute disasters when in charge.

Endless wars, climate change, growing income inequality, disappearing middle class.

Back