• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

If Bloomberg wanted to fuck Sanders he would run as a third party and finish it. He's taking from Biden and actually helping Sanders. Morning consult poll this morning has him at 12 percent nationally, one point behind Warren.

I’m not arguing that Bloomberg is in it to take out Sanders, but I am pushing back on the idea that he’s spending millions of dollars because he thinks he can actually become president.

He’s not even on the ballot in the first four states; his chances of getting a plurality of delegates is virtually nil

Bloomberg is spending money to ensure there’s a challenge to a leftist candidate. If Biden or Klob falter, Bloomberg will step in to challenge.

Bloomberg is spending money to ensure there’s a challenge to a leftist candidate. If Biden or Klob falter, Bloomberg will step in to challenge.

If he can’t win but wants to step in to challenge a “leftist,” then...

Never mind. I’m sure y’all will excuse him.

He’s currently running against Bernie. He doesn’t need to start campaigning for him now. His job is still to beat Bernie. I think this is not a legitimate criticism.

When is it time for Biden to drop out and throw his support behind Sanders or Warren?

Bloomberg's ideal is for Bernie to surge now, everyone to jump off the Biden/Klob/Pete wagons, realize (accurately) that Bernie has no chance to defeat Trump, and get behind Bloomberg, likely in a brokered convention. That, or have Sanders just die of a heart attack once he realizes he is going to potentially get the nomination instead of just being the spoiler he has been his entire life.

It is a pretty outrageous strategy. Similar to Ted Cruz's thinking that if he got into a one-on-one v Trump in 2016 the GOP would realize they cannot possibly nominate Donald Fucking Trump, and they would have to fall in line behind Cruz. That backfired, big time, and almost made Cruz lose to a ridiculously-unprepared Beto in Texas of all places.

I think Bloomberg's move will backfire too, and almost certainly will ensure the absolute worst situation for the US - four more years of Trump, or 4 years of Bernie.

That being said, Bloomberg is still by far the best option to lead the country out of this field. Hopefully he is so much smarter and so much richer than Cruz that he is able to figure out how to pull this off.

Bloomberg's ideal is for Bernie to surge now, everyone to jump off the Biden/Klob/Pete wagons, realize (accurately) that Bernie has no chance to defeat Trump, and get behind Bloomberg, likely in a brokered convention. That, or have Sanders just die of a heart attack once he realizes he is going to potentially get the nomination instead of just being the spoiler he has been his entire life.

It is a pretty outrageous strategy. Similar to Ted Cruz's thinking that if he got into a one-on-one v Trump in 2016 the GOP would realize they cannot possibly nominate Donald Fucking Trump, and they would have to fall in line behind Cruz. That backfired, big time, and almost made Cruz lose to a ridiculously-unprepared Beto in Texas of all places.

I think Bloomberg's move will backfire too, and almost certainly will ensure the absolute worst situation for the US - four more years of Trump, or 4 years of Bernie.

That being said, Bloomberg is still by far the best option to lead the country out of this field. Hopefully he is so much smarter and so much richer than Cruz that he is able to figure out how to pull this off.

That you think Sanders and Trump are comparable is horrifying. I can’t believe that this perspective exists.

Are y’all that scared of a little wealth distribution that you’re willing to let a racist, sexist, xenophobic, anti-Semite have another four years to fuck over the country?

Fuck your 401(k), man.

That you think Sanders and Trump are comparable is horrifying. I can’t believe that this perspective exists.

Are y’all that scared of a little wealth distribution that you’re willing to let a racist, sexist, xenophobic, anti-Semite have another four years to fuck over the country?

Fuck your 401(k), man.

401ks are for poor people, we're talking PORTFOLIO PERFORMANCE

haha bloomberg wasn't even a good mayor, like, probably objectively a worse mayor than buttigieg

no way

if this were the case then he'd, you know, back Biden or Klob

it's an ego play, and perhaps he just wanted something to do

i mean yeah i know statquo is trash

ain't gonna stop ppl like ABC from trying to live in it/exclude others

Fuck your 401(k), man.

I don’t know who y’all are. I’d rather Bernie than Bloomberg.

If it’s Bloomberg or Trump, I’m 150% behind Mike.

bloomberg as the democratic candidate in 2020 would be the death of the party, and i say that entirely seriously

Back