• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Translation: only the affluent should have the right to an abortion.

It’s a particularly callous viewpoint. Most people who identify as fiscally conservative because “the govt shouldn’t pay for healthcare” appear to be willfully ignorant about how healthcare (and other heavily subsidized industries) works.

It’s a particularly callous viewpoint. Most people who identify as fiscally conservative because “the govt shouldn’t pay for healthcare” appear to be willfully ignorant about how healthcare (and other heavily subsidized industries) works.

Not to mention the potential the potential social and monetary costs later.

I believe people should have the right to get an abortion, I don't think abortions should be financed or subsidized by tax payers.

Socially liberal, fiscally conservative.

I have always called myself this and agree with the above designation about abortions. You cannot make them illegal, it will not stop abortions. Let's make it safe for the women/families that make this decision.

Moderates love to be troubled by Donald Trump

55+% of the country is troubled by Trump. What is scary is that number isn't higher. And I don't believe you have to be of 1 particular ideology or another to be troubled by Trump. Dyed in the wool conservatives like Will, Frum and Brooks all despise Trump. And I have a few friends who are establishment Pubs who voted against Trump last time and will next time. I welcome the anti-Trump sentiment no matter where it comes from.

Surprised there's not another Moonz thread re: Hillary's serious considerations. All these other Dem candidates suck, I can see Hillary going for it cause whoever gets it will end up Pres.

Going to be a fun primary where we already have folks posting Fox News articles about Kamala Harris and hard-passing on her. Looking forward to 4 more years of Trump!

Moderates love to be troubled by Donald Trump
Moderates love to be troubled by Donald Trump and then measure the success of their politicians by how often they collaborated with Trump and his party to "get things done". Half the government are white supremacist enablers, but damn it we have to work together to deregulate the banks.

I think it means the government should stay out of peoples lives and strive to provide equal opportunity for people, while not financing things like medicare for all, walls, wars, higher education, wasteful welfare, sociology professors, etc...

I think this is what they are describing but is not how they describe themselves.

i'm curious to know how Ph might convince these folks to support progressive policy platforms like M4A, tuition reform, and expansion of the welfare state

It's amazing how much time and effort "liberals" spend shitting on people who agree with them on so many issues and might otherwise be convinced to vote with them.

Hey @mikecasca, do you see who working people voted for in 2016 ?

What he means is the candidates get pulled away from the cneter by the extremes of their parties.

i'm curious to know how Ph might convince these folks to support progressive policy platforms like M4A, tuition reform, and expansion of the welfare state

People like people I wasn’t talking about?

It's amazing how much time and effort "liberals" spend shitting on people who agree with them on so many issues and might otherwise be convinced to vote with them.

Hey @mikecasca, do you see who working people voted for in 2016 ?

What he means is the candidates get pulled away from the cneter by the extremes of their parties.

1. Who did "working people" vote for? Genuinely curious.

2. Bloomberg can eat shit. The "extremes" of the parties are the ones most in tune with America, at one end its most racist and paranoid, at the other its most desperate and cynical.

Who the fuck does Michael Bloomberg even fuckin represent in this country? Economics professors, investment bankers, and douchebag crossfit libertarians.

Schulz couldn’t even get 400 people to turn up at a Barnes and Nobles.

Look at this fucking wisdom:

Centrists are also **generally** upper middle class to wealthy. They can afford to not be fiscally liberal because the status quo did very well for them. Being centrist just means you want to go back to when liberals protested and had big ideas, but didn’t win.

Love hearing a billionaire tell me that we cant address income inequality in a "punitive" way. Like the way that poor people get evicted with no legal representation and have to pay a deposit to have their utilities turned on at their new home? Like how people have to ration their insulin? Yeah, lets not redistribute income in a punitive way.

Back