• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I didn't realize the guy had a book coming out today. So is the book an attempt to get publicity for the presidential run, or is the presidential run an attempt to get publicity for the book?

That’s disappointing.

Harris town hall tonight had some interesting tidbits. She came out strong for what are probably going to be the big three topics for the whole of the primary:

• Tax cuts for middle class, rich taxed more
  • Green New Deal
  • Medicare for All

She also spoke very well off the cuff to some fairly difficult questions. I would guess one or two of these top 10-ish Democratic candidates are going to show up at a debate and not be able to do much more than Marco Rubio-style spit out talking points over and over.

Meanwhile some absolutely cringe worthy videos surface of her bragging about threatening homeless moms and acting all giddy about jailing people.

A Democrat that wants to cut taxes? Be still my heart! foh cop

"Using the stick" misrepresents the "carrot and stick" approach Harris described. I'm not a fan of arresting parents for truancy, but it's not even close to the worst thing we've seen from DA offices. Also Harris wasn't giddy about arresting parents. She didn't even describe arresting parents. She was talking about using data on how kids benefit from going to school as a carrot and the threat of punishment as a stick. Not the best approach, but far from what some here are describing. Do we know how many parents were arrested under this policy? Did it lower truancy rates? I need to know both before making a judgment.

I'll say one positive thing about the shutdown trauma. It's allowed the left to do some early in-house vetting outside of mainstream media hyperventilating.

Last edited:
She exhibits a little more joy here (second video). There's more vids on that guy's timeline:

I look forward to hearing more about this "Smart on Crime" philosophy.

“Socially liberal, fiscally conservative” is a Republican, Independent, or Libertarian tagline.

Back