• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I mean Michael Bloomberg is objectively a piece of shit. Talk to anybody who lived under his time as mayor and they'll agree. I would take anybody in this field including Marianne, Tulsi, and Bennet over that clown.

Don't lump Bennett in with those 3.

Gotta love it when people use homophobic language to defend themselves from being called homophobes.

Well done. Just want to point out it's also a bit rapey since a woman could "bend over an take it" too.

Might argue it's more a big (or little??) Hetero Male penis having bias since, you know, we can give it to someone as punishment.

Bloomberg does pretty well when it comes to public health so he has that going, and his ability to troll the shit out of trump so that’s two things.

Because he is old as fuck, to start. And he doesn't have an exactly illustrious history of accomplishing anymore than jack or shit.

I'm not opposed to Sanders on policy grounds. Its why I wish he would have fucked off and let Warren run. But something tells me the section2s and mhbs of the world would not have been as vociferous in their support of Warren, for reasons no one can explain.

I will do whatever I can to help a 78 year old guy get elected if he is running against President Trump. But outside of that, I can't imagine a situation where I would want a 78 year old in charge of anything. Its 50/50 whether he can even wipe his own ass in 2 years.

To your first point, he's known as the amendment king because he does have an illustrious history of getting shit done. More on that below:

Dubbed the ‘amendment king,’ Mr. Sanders passed more amendments than any other member of Congress during his 16 years in the House of Representatives—despite Republicans holding a majority between 1994 and 2006.
In 2001, he successfully passed an amendment to the general appropriations bill which banned the importation of goods made with child labor, and passed an amendment to increase funding by $100 million for community health centers.

“During this time, Sanders took on powerful adversaries, including Lockheed Martin, Westinghouse, the Export-Import Bank, and the Bush Administration,” wrote Matt Taibbi in a 2005 Rolling Stone article. “And by using the basic tools of democracy-floor votes on clearly posed questions, with the aid of painstakingly built coalitions of allies from both sides of the aisle-he, a lone Independent, beat them all.”

When Mr. Sanders was elected to the Senate in 2006, he continued pushing amendments through legislation, including securing $10 million in additional funds for the Army National Guard, providing financial assistance for childcare to people in the armed forces, exposing corruption in the military industrial complex, support in treating autism in the military’s healthcare system and ensuring bailout funds weren’t used to displace American workers.
https://observer.com/2016/03/how-bernie-gets-things-done-in-congress-without-being-bought-off/

Furthermore, I'll give you just a couple reasons for why I personally support Sanders. One, he's campaigned for a single-payer, Medicare-for-All system for decades. I looked up an episode of his show "Bernie Speaks with the Community" from 1987 where he discusses the virtues of the Canadian Health Care System with a doctor. He said the same thing then as he's saying now. I believe it's highly immoral that the incentive structure in America's health care system is set up to view patients like a bag of money. It's obscene that 500k people go bankrupt in part due to medical bills.

To add a personal anecdote, I lived in Belgium for a few years and had to go to the hospital before I had time to get insurance. The doctor told me she felt that it was unethical to charge me the 50 euro it would've cost, and that in Belgium they believed health care was a basic right. She had a brief chat with the receptionist and let me go. I was stunned. I returned later with a box of chocolates to express my gratitude and we ended up going on a few dates. Amazing what a little kindness and decency can do.

Warren was a Republican until her 40s. She initially supported Bernie's single-payer system because it's proven to be so popular, but she's since backtracked. That doesn't sound like somehow who has the steely-eyed conviction necessary to take down Big Pharma and the health insurance industry. Someone with a principled belief that won't buckle under the immense pressure and attacks. So no, I won't be as vociferous in my support for her when I believe she won't be as vociferous in her support of us.

This post has gotten too long already so I'll stop here.

I mean Michael Bloomberg is objectively a piece of shit. Talk to anybody who lived under his time as mayor and they'll agree. I would take anybody in this field including Marianne, Tulsi, and Bennet over that clown.
During which of his 3 terms did everyone hate him?

The ad hominem attacks I'm getting here really is a microcosm of how MSM and the Establishment treats Bernie. But carry on in your little echo chamber safe space.

Did we ever get confirmation of BSF4L being S2M? I’m starting to buy that theory. I hope he is just to know BSF is ok.

He said he doesn't know who BSF4L is.

I'm just glad t he redoubt has ventilation and internet so he can get a signal from Moscow.

It's about free speech, Christopher. It's about accusing someone you disagree with or don't like of being a commie.

just mysteriously some poster (with a long standing origin date) who barely ever posted before shows up to sow discord and spread disinformation, exactly he same way BSFL did for a year leading up to the 2016 election

weird long time posters would find that odd

just mysteriously some poster (with a long standing origin date) who barely ever posted before shows up to sow discord and spread disinformation, exactly he same way BSFL did for a year leading up to the 2016 election

Why are you to be finding that odd? I'm normal red-blooded good ole boy, just wanting to have some of the political discussions with my comr... basketball friends.

Odd indeed.

Back