• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

OK, this got me:

The leftward movement is striking. Hell even freaking Bloomberg is running on 5 trillion in higher taxes on the rich, a 15 dollar minimum wage, and a public option.

Yet Bernie supporters won’t take the W unless their guy wins.

I thought that’s what Sig and Chris predicted will come of the Bernie Bros.

I can’t keep up anymore. Everybody is triggered.

Isn't it sort of strange that you and I have the same preferred candidate, yet you seem to dislike my politics (or at least the caricature of my politics that you wish to argue against) as much as you do?

FWIW I think mankini is just like, a dude who listens to Chapo and spends a lot of time on twitter. I agree with a lot of what he posts but you gotta know your audience man, and this crowd ain’t here for it (gonna guess like 80-90% high earning white men). At least grow a sense of humor or you will end up like rj, a husk of a man who is eternally mad at online people he doesn’t know.

Total ignorance again. It's YOU who is eternally mad at me. Your arrogance, laziness, being stubborn and blindness are at the core of your problems

You project your personal weaknesses onto those who won't kowtow to you. This was probably caused by never being picked for anything and always being the outsider IRL.

Honest question, say Bernie wins the nomination and is crushed in the general election. Is there any self reflection by the super progressives that the will of the people does not want what they are peddling or is it that we are still right the people just don’t know it.

I think about this, and even more so about the scenario where Bernie gets elected and is unable to advance his agenda at all -- I wonder what it does to the movement

it can get you cynical, but ultimately I settle on the idea that you can't play scared or else you'll never really get anywhere

but at the end of the day, you have to stick with your ideology -- history has shown time and time again that the popular thing isn't necessarily the right thing

I probably don’t agree with everything (I’ve mostly been skimming this thread while traveling lately). It’s pretty clear the party doesn’t want Sanders to win the nomination, and I don’t really see that as conspiratorial at all. The party always has to back someone, and plenty of people don’t like Sanders. I also don’t think it’s risible to say Perez has been pretty terrible.

I’m sure it’s tiresome to read every conspiracy minded tweet or article, hence the source of my caution towards S2M.

I’m trying to take a more positive view lately and say I’m very proud of the coalition Sanders is building and that the progressive message has largely moved the party left this cycle.

Traveled to India!?! I'm pretty jealous. Post your bird list in the bird thread. Wild native peacocks?!? Painted Stork?!? Black headed Ibis?!?

Bernie is the awesome, but old, I with Warren this time around, she's a bit younger. Bernie's progressive message has infiltrated the party; the party is much further left and more progressive that it was in 2008.

There is some probability that the powers that be within the DNC don't want Bernie to be the nominee. I don't think its "pretty clear" though. Some circumstantial evidence supports the theory, but, all the weird actions by the DNC over the last few weeks could have multiple rational in addition to the conspiratorial explanations. I think parading around the conspiracy theories about the IA vote counting as truth, does harm to all the Dem candidates and the party as a whole, so it's a perspective I'm interested in repressing. It's pretty hard for me to lose sight of the chief objective that Trump must go. DNC might be a piece of shit, but it's the best piece of shit we've got.

Traveled to India!?! I'm pretty jealous. Post your bird list in the bird thread. Wild native peacocks?!? Painted Stork?!? Black headed Ibis?!?

Bernie is the awesome, but old, I with Warren this time around, she's a bit younger. Bernie's progressive message has infiltrated the party; the party is much further left and more progressive that it was in 2008.

There is some probability that the powers that be within the DNC don't want Bernie to be the nominee. I don't think its "pretty clear" though. Some circumstantial evidence supports the theory, but, all the weird actions by the DNC over the last few weeks could have multiple rational in addition to the conspiratorial explanations. I think parading around the conspiracy theories about the IA vote counting as truth, does harm to all the Dem candidates and the party as a whole, so it's a perspective I'm interested in repressing. It's pretty hard for me to lose sight of the chief objective that Trump must go. DNC might be a piece of shit, but it's the best piece of shit we've got.

Saw a few kingfishers, they’re really cool looking.

As to the rest, I’ve pretty repeatedly posted the Iowa caucus wasn’t rigged. That’s never been my contention. That was definitely embarrassing though. I’m talking about looking at the committees for the convention.

Isn't it sort of strange that you and I have the same preferred candidate, yet you seem to dislike my politics (or at least the caricature of my politics that you wish to argue against) as much as you do?

You make very big claims without much evidence to support them that throw shit on a lot of posters on the board. You do you, but I could do without you subtweeting Sanders supporters.

As to the rest, I’ve pretty repeatedly posted the Iowa caucus wasn’t rigged. That’s never been my contention. That was definitely embarrassing though. I’m talking about looking at the committees for the convention.

S2M is pushing the "the caucuses and the counting were rigged against Bernie" line pretty hard on this thread, and that's after he joined the tunnels convo pushing the "Pelosi held back the articles of impeachment in a deliberate attempt to hurt Bernie's chances in Iowa" theory. That's why your previous statement "I agree with a lot of what he posts but you gotta know your audience man" was pretty perplexing to me.

Who outside of this Mankini parody is claiming that the caucus was rigged exactly?

You would think the claim would be widespread given how much birdman talks about it!

Back