• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

For afropess - typically ppl look to Saidiya Hartman, Jared Sexton, or Frank Wilderson. I'm obviously not doing it justice here, but pretty far removed from the humanist, neolib policies that the majo on these boards feel comfortable with.

a few people put together a "very short introduction" to afropess that I think you might dig flipping through. that's here.

Also Calvin L. Warren's "Ontological Terror: Blackness, Nihilism, and Emancipation" if you want to consider the nature of being/Blackness in a post-colonial/anti-black world here's the intro

Last edited:
That's interesting. I have a very good life - healthy baby, good dog, comfortable house, excellent wife. I don't remember complaining about my life on this board, except for posts about my parents health care, or my students loans. I consider myself very fortunate. Since you want to make this thread about me, exactly what about me is a failure?

Thanks capitalism!!

Also why are you so damn angry then if your life doesn't suck, i don't get it.

What general election campaign would have progressive Democrat have worked on in 2004 and 2008 besides Kerry and Obama?

Seems like MDMH is punishing them for trying to do something rather than yelling from the sidelines.
Yeah. It’s not for everybody but the reasons should be based on truth. I’m torn on Lovitz. Sometimes he’s legitimately funny. Other times he’s just annoying. His long drawn out analogies are good.
The "truth" here is completely based on your perspective. My perspective, as someone more familiar with current leftism in America, is that the PSA crew are typical establishment liberal wonks who often push incrementalism efforts and spend an inordinate amount of time focusing on Donald Trump. If your main reference to compare them to are Trump Republicans, sure PSA are progressive. That's not who i'm comparing them to.

Thanks capitalism!!

Tzvjddr.png

If empathy makes you an angry prick all the time, i'll stick with being a sociopath.

I took your point to mean why would someone who is not personally affected currently by the system care about the system and others. It's because he's able to understand the plight other people face even if he isn't impacted right now.

This is a part of the conservative platform that has been non-existent for my entire lifetime at the least.

What does everyone think about Pete Buttigieg?

For me he checks a lot of the boxes minus experience at the national level. He's engaging, progressive, and very sharp. Been following him for a couple years and was surprised he launched straight to running for president - I anticipated he would run for Senate or governor in Indiana first.

I'm hesitant to throw support behind him due the experience negative but absent that he's one of the more appealing candidates IMO.

What does everyone think about Pete Buttigieg?

For me he checks a lot of the boxes minus experience at the national level. He's engaging, progressive, and very sharp. Been following him for a couple years and was surprised he launched straight to running for president - I anticipated he would run for Senate or governor in Indiana first.

I'm hesitant to throw support behind him due the experience negative but absent that he's one of the more appealing candidates IMO.

I agree. I'd like to see him run for governor.

That's Rodney at the table. I still think the original location in Hemingway, SC is better than the Charleston location.

but why be an angry prick at all?

nobody is listening to you at this point because of your tone
My post was about Biden, Ph asked me about PSA, and I answered him honestly. I get harranged every time I give an answer that goes against the liberal consensus here, but that doesnt mean I'm going to back down. I figure my anger with Democrats is so well known at this point that people would learn to stop poking at it. I'm willing and ready to civilly discuss the current goings on with the candidates whenever you all get back on topic.

Back