• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I guess misery is subjective and you can be educated and middle class and still be miserable see the M&M bros as an example. but 71% of Americans are middle class or better. I would go as far to so the majority of the lower income families aren't miserable, and certainly aren't miserable compared to world standards.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-ground-financially-to-upper-income-families/

How does that link prove your point? If anything, then it suggests that middle income families are living increasingly financially precarious lives. That doesn't sound like a fun experience.

Capitalism in places like US and UK thrives off the extraction of resources from the global south. So it makes no sense to only analyze Americans in your evaluation of capitalism.

Capitalism in places like US and UK thrives off the extraction of resources from the global south. So it makes no sense to only analyze Americans in your evaluation of capitalism.

Once our current ruling class figured out they could just do all the bad stuff domestically rather than going to the far reaches of the globe to be dicks, they did

When did we stop going to the far reaches of the globe to be dicks cause I'm not sure that's ceased? We have special forces in like ~150 countries. We are currently orchestrating a coup in Venezuela.

Once our current ruling class figured out they could just do all the bad stuff domestically rather than going to the far reaches of the globe to be dicks, they did

[insert why not both? gif]

When did we stop going to the far reaches of the globe to be dicks cause I'm not sure that's ceased? We have special forces in like ~150 countries. We are currently orchestrating a coup in Venezuela.

Oh I didn’t mean for my post to insinuate we stopped being imperial dickbags, just that we also figured out we could be domestic dickbags with equal success

Oh I didn’t mean for my post to insinuate we stopped being imperial dickbags, just that we also figured out we could be domestic dickbags with equal success
You think historically domestically the ruling class are bigger dickbags now than pretty much anytime up to this? That’s crazy talk.
If anything we have become better domestically and worse internationally.

I guess misery is subjective and you can be educated and middle class and still be miserable see the M&M bros as an example. but 71% of Americans are middle class or better. I would go as far to so the majority of the lower income families aren't miserable, and certainly aren't miserable compared to world standards.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-ground-financially-to-upper-income-families/

If you think an American couple with a child making 45k is comfortable or middle class than you're even dumber than I thought, which is impressive., especially considering that terrible "research" article doesn't take debt into account.

If you think an American couple with a child making 45k is comfortable or middle class than you're even dumber than I thought, which is impressive., especially considering that terrible "research" article doesn't take debt into account.
i know a single mom with two kids who made that and lived by any external measure a middle class lifestyle.

Last edited:
i know a single mom with two kids who made that and lived by any external measure a middle class lifestyle.

There are certainly locations in the U.S. where $45K/yr, employer-provided health benefits, and no significant debt can get you a middle class lifestyle, even with two kids. Most people (and most jobs that pay $45k/year) aren’t in those locations.

I am also familiar with anecdotes. Anecdotally, local winston salem daycare for 2 children costs about 16k a year.

Back