Page 116 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 4401

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

NEW MODERAT0R
    Please label Y-axis.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    I donít think people necessarily vote for someone whose ideas match their own because most voters donít have fully informed views about most issues.

I agree with Turtle in some respects. I think itís more about confidence that someone will advocate for them and ability to communicate effectively.

Dems have another moderate they can vote for

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    Kerry and Clinton lost to absolute buffoons. Why would a candidate like O'Rourke or Biden be the way to go?
    The GOP attacked Kerry for serving in Vietnam. Now we have Cadet Bone Spurs.

Robert O'Kelley

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    Now this I can get behind.

Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    Kerry and Clinton lost to absolute buffoons. Why would a candidate like O'Rourke or Biden be the way to go?
    Because the only way Trump is re-elected is if the Dems go out and nominate someone left of center. Hillary Clinton was a twice in a lifetime horrible candidate. Run someone who the public likes who is at or right of Hillary on that scale above and Trump will be destroyed in the general. There are so many independents and GOPers who are just ready to crush him. Nominate Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris and he'll have a path. Go towards someone like Beto or Klobuchar and he'll get destroyed.

Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Iím curious what sailorís point is here. Plenty of black people are descended from slave owners. White men regularly and systematically raped black women (and men) as a show of power.

Seems weird to treat that as interesting information.
    Who cares if her ancestors were slave owners. She isn't a slave owner. Slavery isn't a part of her political platform. What's next? We'll learn she was descended from Ghengis Khan? Uh, ok. I'm not worried that makes her prone to the whole sale slaughter of innocent civilians. If our political discourse is based on a candidate's long gone family lineage we have more than jumped the shark.

Lol I enjoyed that
    Birds arenít real

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Over a year ago, I posted that we should expand the Supreme Court and had some "interesting" responses. Now Dem presidential candidates are talking about it. Beto threw out expanding it to fifteen justices.

Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Over a year ago, I posted that we should expand the Supreme Court and had some "interesting" responses. Now Dem presidential candidates are talking about it. Beto threw out expanding it to fifteen justices.

Hmmm.
    CANDIDATES READ THE BOARDS!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Gotta like Cory...Having Rosario Dawson as First Lady would be fun...

Maybe theyíre close because progressives havenít run there. Gillum outperformed the last several Dem candidates for FL gov including a former Republican Governor by running as a progressive. People will vote for a real deal conservative over a pretender.

A Young Go-Hard
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Maybe theyíre close because progressives havenít run there. Gillum outperformed the last several Dem candidates for FL gov including a former Republican Governor by running as a progressive. People will vote for a real deal conservative over a pretender.
    Exactly. The Democrats who make those arguments have an endless supply of good faith for Democratic campaign gate keeping and the Democratic primary system. The Democratic party is in no way meritocratic, beyond often rewarding party loyalists. Current political campaign finance setup and entrenched Democratic establishment gatekeeping prevents populist candidates from winning primaries and seriously competing in red/purple areas. The Abdul El Sayeds, Ben Jealous'es, Iron Staches will never get the fair shake in the primary or full party push in the general.

The Democratic Party writes these rural red state areas completely off unless they can somehow win with their hand picked party plant or some popular conservative gets a wild hair up their ass and switches parties.
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 03-18-2019 at 12:57 AM.
    Draxx them sklounst

NEW MODERAT0R

Tell me more about this Pete Butt guy. I like the cut of his jib.

He'd also force the closet homophobes out of their closets, as you know they'd lose their minds.