• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

You are fucking ollllldddd...older than I am...

If you were born between 1946 and 1955, you're an early (or leading-edge) boomer. Boomers born between 1955 and 1964 are late (or trailing-edge) boomers. Some folks break it down further, saying that if you were born between 1954 and 1959, you're a mid-boomer.

If you were born between 1946 and 1955, you're an early (or leading-edge) boomer. Boomers born between 1955 and 1964 are late (or trailing-edge) boomers. Some folks break it down further, saying that if you were born between 1954 and 1959, you're a mid-boomer.

How would you characterize each subsection? It looks like early boomers are between the ends of WWII and the Korean wars. Late boomers are Vietnam babies?

Those in the prior generation who are still around have pretty much gone full boomer.

It's about opportunity hoarding. Boomers+ are opportunity hoarders, choosing to hoard employment and representation opportunities in the face of increased life expectancy rather than ceding power to younger generations. That would be fine if they didn't govern as selfishly as they live...

That doesn't change that you are olllllllllllder than me :)

It's everyone's fault but your generation's....got it...

You don't find it problematic that the demographic most resistant to M4A-type proposals is the demographic that benefits from M4A?

The irony of your constant blaming boomers of all the bad in the world cascades against your refusal to blame your generation for voting in the lowest percentage of any age demographic, placing any blame on Bernie supporters for voting for Trump or staying home.

It's also lazy and dishonest to paint all boomers with the same brush when know many don't hold those beliefs. Should we consider you and all of your generation to be Nazi skinheads since there is a rising tide of such action in the under 35 group?

To all others on the board, I am so sorry. I need to click my heels, come to attention and just take whatever Strick posts as he knows all and I know nothing.

I am truly sorry. What the hell am I thinking?

The irony of your constant blaming boomers of all the bad in the world cascades against your refusal to blame your generation for voting in the lowest percentage of any age demographic, placing any blame on Bernie supporters for voting for Trump or staying home.

It's also lazy and dishonest to paint all boomers with the same brush when know many don't hold those beliefs. Should we consider you and all of your generation to be Nazi skinheads since there is a rising tide of such action in the under 35 group?

To all others on the board, I am so sorry. I need to click my heels, come to attention and just take whatever Strick posts as he knows all and I know nothing.

Shut up already, RJ. You didn't even attempt to address my question.

You don't find it curious that boomers and older generations who already benefit from Medicare are against extending a similar benefit to younger generations?

This has future sokolove post written all over it.

You don't find it curious that boomers and older generations who already benefit from Medicare are against extending a similar benefit to younger generations?

I would suspect that a main reason is that they didn't get those benefits when they were younger and they were paying taxes to support the elderly generation of their day.

The word is SOME...not all as you always ascribe. You paint ALL boomers as the SAME. That means we should be able to do the same to you. Until you accept that SOME boomers think this not all, you c an't be taken seriously.

There millions upon millions of boomers who agree on getting to universal coverage. But you never acknowledge that. We don't exist in your world. This makes your posts laughable and lazy.

You are probably the last person on this board who should cry about people not directly responding to you. Every time you are proven wrong, you simply ignore it or change the subject. Then, you blame others.

I would suspect that a main reason is that they didn't get those benefits when they were younger and they were paying taxes to support the elderly generation of their day.

That’s what I thought, Chris. Thanks for responding.

This is a good data point in a case for older generations ceding governing power to younger generations, imo.

If older generations are against expanding access to “x” and their resistance is driven by resentment of their own access limitations at an early point in time, then they can’t actually represent their constituents.

The word is SOME...not all as you always ascribe. You paint ALL boomers as the SAME. That means we should be able to do the same to you. Until you accept that SOME boomers think this not all, you c an't be taken seriously.

There millions upon millions of boomers who agree on getting to universal coverage. But you never acknowledge that. We don't exist in your world. This makes your posts laughable and lazy.

You are probably the last person on this board who should cry about people not directly responding to you. Every time you are proven wrong, you simply ignore it or change the subject. Then, you blame others.

You don’t support a non-incrementalist approach to M4A, so why are you looping yourself in with boomers who do?

You don’t support a non-incrementalist approach to M4A, so why are you looping yourself in with boomers who do?

You act like changing 1/6 of the US economy can be done in non-incremental way. Even phasing it in over a 3-6 period is, by definition, incremental.

You act like changing 1/6 of the US economy can be done in non-incremental way. Even phasing it in over a 3-6 period is, by definition, incremental.

I know what you believe. I’m saying that you shouldn’t lump yourself in with boomers+ (Sanders/Warren and their supporters, in particular) that believe in something else.

Back