• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Shoo doesn't seem to realize that all people that die in the Arab middle east are brown, it's not a racially diverse place. ISIS are also "brown" people. Racial reductionism is a very very stupid way to critisize isolationism.

Keep the isms coming.

I think you didn't catch it because it was never said.

But, you are correct, I am not an actual time traveler. Go deacs.

Wrong again.

Woof, I didn’t catch the all middle eastern people are brown piece. We might as well put this thread on the cheese thread at this rate!
Make no mistake, i'm well aware of the ethnic diversity in the Arab middle east, i'm just saying it's stupid to racialize a sectarian conflict and refer to our side taking as saving "brown people". Last I checked the Syrian Kurds, Syrian b'aathists, and ISIS were all the same fuckin skin color. The same skin color as the Iraqis dying from cancer due to the American depleted uranium shell ammunition in their soil.

Make no mistake, i'm well aware of the ethnic diversity in the Arab middle east, i'm just saying it's stupid to racialize a sectarian conflict and refer to our side taking as saving "brown people". Last I checked the Syrian Kurds, Syrian b'aathists, and ISIS were all the same fuckin skin color. The same skin color as the Iraqis dying from cancer due to the American depleted uranium shell ammunition in their soil.

It’s true. Politics is just a game for some folks, usually those who neither have much in the way of “a” politics or do much in the way of politics. It’s just upper middle class, menopausal male trolling.

Seems like a reasonable take

Yeah, I mean I’m in extremely anti-war and despise imperialist-via-humanitarian interventionism. I just think ripping the band-aid off is bad for our troops, the local and national governments we’re working with, our reputation internationally, and the indigenous proletariat, who will always be history’s losers no matter how much Shoo’s and Sig’s hearts bleed for moar war.

That seems to suggest Bernie is going to try to corner the Progressive vote. I think his people may try to persuade other Progressives from running. That would be a big mistake.

That seems to suggest Bernie is going to try to corner the Progressive vote. I think his people may try to persuade other Progressives from running. That would be a big mistake.

Or it just kind of exposes O’Rourke for the fraud he is... I certainly hope that this is the case, at least.

Beto isn't a progressive by his very own admission:
“I don’t know. I’m just, as you may have seen and heard over the course of the campaign, I’m not big on labels,” the Texas congressman said to reporters, when pressed if he identifies as a progressive Democrat. “I don’t get all fired up about party or classifying or defining people based on a label or a group. I’m for everyone.”

Beto's not a progressive by the current Democratic standard of the term based on his congressional voting record. He's not even a progressive for his specific Texas district, which was something like +16 for Hillary.

So far I haven't heard anyone from the Bernie camp challenging the record of Elizabeth Warren or Sherrod Brown. I feel safe assuming that Bernie would be much happier with a primary field full of progressives.

Why would you think that? He would be less likely to win.

Why would you not think that? It seems like you have bought into the selfish Sanders narrative. I think he, like many progressives, just thinks Beto is FOS.

Because I think Bernie is more concerned with implementing leftist policies than actually being president. He hasn't really changed his message or rhetoric for 25 years, except for the addition of more focus on climate change.
Of course I think he wants to win, but he clearly doesn't have the naked ambition of Hillary Clinton, for instance.

If Beto is the nominee, better vote for Jill Stein!

I assume you'll vote for Bernie if he is the nominee?

Will you vote for Beto if he’s the nominee? Or will you vote for the easily corrupted third party?

Back