• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

unless things change considerably, I don't think any of the current dem candidates can beat Trump

So you do anticipate that Donald's numbers go up as he's impeached and tried by the Senate, while simultaneously taking heat from both parties and outspoken advocates of his for allowing a possible genocide in Kurdistan?

IIRC, Jh was a big proponent of the "Hilary is going to primary Obama" narrative in 2010-2011. Conservatives are just obsessed with the Clintons.

Ready made talking point that makes the rounds on their media channels and email chains. Clintons have been a talking point for the conservatives since the early days of email - easy pickings and we know the OWGs aren't big advocates of mixing things up.

It should have absolutely no bearing on her electability, but HC is not a physically attractive person. Like at all. She’s got the classic homely, frumpy suburban white woman with money style.

Hillary is obviously a phoney and obviously arrogant. She lost the unlosable election to Donald Fucking Trump. Case closed. I'll leave aside the fact that all the lubish halfwits on this board thought that she had it in the bag all along.

No. I was chiding the right wing misogynistic bullshit smear machine against female Presidential candidates.

Hm, so it's wrong when right wingers do it, but it's ok for everyone else?

Do you anticipate that Donald's numbers go up as he's impeached and tried by the Senate, while simultaneously taking heat from both parties and outspoken advocates of his for allowing a possible genocide in Kurdistan?

This is what I find so frustrating. I check the polls every day or 2, and Trump is still in the 40-46% favorability area on most polls with an average in the 42% range. Hasn't changed a bit since the Ukraine scandal erupted. OTOH, the victim of this scandal, Biden, has seen his numbers go south since this scandal came out - to the point where Warren has slightly overtaken him in the polls. And I repeat, if this can happen to Biden now, the same thing can happen to Warren sometime next year. Fox and other conservative outlets are still playing this as a Biden scandal, and to an extent, that crap appears to be working. Trump has done something that Nixon would never have considered doing. I mean Nixon just covered up a burglary of Dem headquarters. He never tried to enlist foreign governments on multiple occasions to help take out his opponents. Trump does just that, and while it nets him an impeachment inquiry, it hasn't affected his poll numbers while it has made 1 of his opponents poll numbers go south. What is the lesson here? It's rinse, repeat and do the same thing to Warren next year and watch her numbers go south. As long as Trump's numbers don't change, congressional Pubs aren't going to vote to impeach. Why is it that I seem to be the only person terrified of this prospect?

Edited to add that, for the record, Hillary is homely at best. Glad that's settled.

Favorability is different than head to head polling IMO.

And that's your opinion Sailor but why do you believe Donald's numbers will go up over the next year from his current position in head to head polling? He's further behind than I believe he was at any point to Hillary to Biden and Warren and about the same as his worst deficit with Bernie (9 points).

Also Sailor I've consistently been courteous to you and avoided name calling even though I find your positions abhorrent and disgusting, I wish you could extend the same courtesy or let me know so I can drop any pretense of cordial discussion.

Favorability is different than head to head polling IMO.

And that's your opinion Sailor but why do you believe Donald's numbers will go up over the next year from his current position in head to head polling? He's further behind than I believe he was at any point to Hillary to Biden and Warren and about the same as his worst deficit with Bernie (9 points).

Also Sailor I've consistently been courteous to you and avoided name calling even though I find your positions abhorrent and disgusting, I wish you could extend the same courtesy or let me know so I can drop any pretense of cordial discussion.

the dem candidates are incompetent and are too radical to win

your views are mistaken, and you are very emotionally intolerant of those who disagree with you

Back