• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

It boggles my mind that you are in higher education with the reading comprehension you have demonstrated on this thread.

LOL. Strick should start posting in dollars so CL can understand it.

This is one of the dumbest discussions we’ve had on this thread.

Is arguing and kvetching onthe internet allowed on Yom Kippur ? Because it seems like it was discouraged on Rosh Hashana.

Asking for a friend.

I agree with Birdman that everything is relative. If you say Warren has a credibility issue, she has an issue relative to what or whom? Are we simply evaluating various characteristics of all candidates in a vacuum and then comparing in a chart to see who our favorites are or are we evaluating candidates directly with each other throughout?

Donald thinks that windmills cause cancer and said earlier this week the American military ran out of ammo. This doesn’t mean that other candidates have carte blanche to obfuscate or lie, but it does put into context what is actually important - particularly where many in the media and the (self-identified) middle love to “both sides” in efforts to appear objective.

nah, nothing matters except Democrats have to be perfect all the time. Except Joe Biden - or something

Also Bernie shouldn’t scale back he should step aside and endorse Warren.

I unabashedly love Bernie, but I think I agree with this take. If his health is remotely a concern, take the rest of the campaign off and go be a senator again. We need all the help we can get in the Senate in 2020.

I unabashedly love Bernie, but I think I agree with this take. If his health is remotely a concern, take the rest of the campaign off and go be a senator again. We need all the help we can get in the Senate in 2020.

Yeah I like Bernie a lot as well but if he’s scaling back he can’t win. He will lose ground and his health will always be a topic. Continue your movement through supporting another progressive candidate who shares many of your views. Warren is on the upswing and broadening the coalition is only going to help her secure the nomination and beat Donald.

To be fair, they mean not doing 4 rallies a day, and scaling back to the schedule the rest of the other candidates are on, but I just want my dude to get healthy. The campaign trail cannot be a good place to do that. Build a bench and go downballot for all these awesome progressive challengers to dumb ChrisL/cville dbag candidates.

I feel like it bears repeating that Donald got fewer votes than Mitt Romney. He didn't win because his ideas were popular or he was a great candidate, he won because Hillary was a horrible candidate. Let's not repeat those mistakes in 2020. Warren seems to be threading the needle well with progressive ideas, still getting big money donors, used to be a Republican and doesn't talk down to working class people, generally respected by labor. It'll be much easier for her to close any enthusiasm gap than Hillary. I think she can get more white women voters than Hillary if she adopts more of Gillibrand's family policies. I don't think she can get an appreciable amount more of the white dude vote, except for maybe some nonvoters. Getting Trump defectors is not a task worth pursuing.

To be fair, they mean not doing 4 rallies a day, and scaling back to the schedule the rest of the other candidates are on, but I just want my dude to get healthy. The campaign trail cannot be a good place to do that. Build a bench and go downballot for all these awesome progressive challengers to dumb ChrisL/cville dbag candidates.

I feel like it bears repeating that Donald got fewer votes than Mitt Romney. He didn't win because his ideas were popular or he was a great candidate, he won because Hillary was a horrible candidate. Let's not repeat those mistakes in 2020. Warren seems to be threading the needle well with progressive ideas, still getting big money donors, used to be a Republican and doesn't talk down to working class people, generally respected by labor. It'll be much easier for her to close any enthusiasm gap than Hillary. I think she can get more white women voters than Hillary if she adopts more of Gillibrand's family policies. I don't think she can get an appreciable amount more of the white dude vote, except for maybe some nonvoters. Getting Trump defectors is not a task worth pursuing.

I'm really hoping that the bold happens.

It’s ridiculously early but based on the RCP average, Clinton never had as big a lead over Donald in polling as either Warren, Biden, or Bernie currently do. Obviously electoral college changes the analysis but you’re not going to sniff the victory on any front if you only get 40 percent of the vote and lose by 10+ points overall.

Now is the time when cville starts listing states

It’s ridiculously early but based on the RCP average, Clinton never had as big a lead over Donald in polling as either Warren, Biden, or Bernie currently do. Obviously electoral college changes the analysis but you’re not going to sniff the victory on any front if you only get 40 percent of the vote and lose by 10+ points overall.

What about if you only get %40 of the vote but stamp your feet, say the election is rigged, lock yourself in the oval office, and threaten to nuke Turkey if they make you leave?

What about if you only get %40 of the vote but stamp your feet, say the election is rigged, lock yourself in the oval office, and threaten to nuke Turkey if they make you leave?

Trump wouldn't do that. He has a hotel in Turkey.

I'm really hoping that the bold happens.

I've found that white women under 45 have quite a bit of antipathy toward Hillary.

Hillary could have helped herself by not doing what Dole, Gore, Kerry (to an extent), McCain, and Romney did and lose all sense of personality in order to be presidential.

Haven’t had time to read through, but what’s the thought on Hillary entering the race again? Looking like that’s gonna happen.

Last edited:
I've found that white women under 45 have quite a bit of antipathy toward Hillary.

Hillary could have helped herself by not doing what Dole, Gore, Kerry (to an extent), McCain, and Romney did and lose all sense of personality in order to be presidential.

I bolded the sentence talking about how Warren should adopt some of Gillibrand's "family bill of rights" platform. That doesn't really have anything to do with Hilary Clinton, but I agree with Townie that including more "family policy" into her platform will boost Warren's popularity.

Haven’t had time to read through, but what’s the though on Hillary entering the race again? Looking like that’s gonna happen.

LOL. Based on what? That one tweet at Trump? That's just some stuff conservatives say to keep their base frothing at the mouth.

Back