• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

The more I think about. The more I think Mayor Pete's surge is simply a "none of the above" vote. People may not really want or may fear losing with Warren, Biden or Bernie.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they did not include 500 people that said they weren't participating in the Dem caucuses in their Dem caucus numbers.

Stop applying that common sense.

The more I think about. The more I think Mayor Pete's surge is simply a "none of the above" vote. People may not really want or may fear losing with Warren, Biden or Bernie.

I find it hard to believe that there a large bloc of voters that think none of Bernie/Warren/Biden can beat Trump but a gay 30-something is the one, especially in Iowa.

That's not at all what I said. Iowans could be sending a message that they don't like the candidates. It would be different if Pete 40-50% of the vote, but he's not close to that.

I find it hard to believe that there a large bloc of voters that think none of Bernie/Warren/Biden can beat Trump but a gay 30-something is the one, especially in Iowa.

And it goes against the polling showing Dems like the field. It’s weird to me that Dems are so uncomfortable that we haven’t coalesced around a single candidate yet. Enjoy the process of learning more about the future of the party.

Who gives a flying fuck?

Bernie/Warren sycophants?

Taken on its own who cares, but Pete’s campaign said he had 400 black endorsements, but it turns out half of them don’t endorse his plan or him, half are white, he is pulling stock photos of Africa, and his campaign isn’t even addressing the story.

Bad look.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they did not include 500 people that said they weren't participating in the Dem caucuses in their Dem caucus numbers.

Right, definitely not. That tweet is off.

Anyway, cbs/yougov has different numbers

22% Sanders (+1)
22% Biden (=)
21% Buttigieg (+7)
18% Warren (-4)
5% Klobuchar (+3)
5% Harris (=)
2% Steyer (-1)

Taken on its own who cares, but Pete’s campaign said he had 400 black endorsements, but it turns out half of them don’t endorse his plan or him, half are white, he is pulling stock photos of Africa, and his campaign isn’t even addressing the story.

Bad look.

The stock pics are an homage to Obama...thought you'd realize this.

Back