• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

This is my take too. She felt the winds shifting before others did. I don’t think that’s a bad thing because Progressive winds will have a bigger say on the next Dem President than their own track record.

Isn’t this what you want from the party, Ph? This seems like a weird issue to have. Do you find her move and subsequent record convincing or not? She moved left before much of this board did, fwiw. I thought we weren’t into purity tests on here?

Bernie isnt electable. All the casually racist upper middle class soccer moms that live in my neighborhood will vote for Beto bc he’s a poor man’s JFK that they fantasize about while their shitbird husbands are trying to bang them. HLC got 0% of the vote from that group.

"Dems" who I will not vote for:
-Joe Biden
-Hillary Clinton
-Michael Bloomberg
-John Kasich(?)

Please don't make me vote for these Dems:
-Amy Klobuchar
-John Delaney
-placeholder for rando conservaDems from a red states
-placeholder for douchebag silicon valley oligarch

Will hold my nose and vote for these candidates:
Cory Booker
Beto O'Rourke

Wait & See:
-Kamala Harris
-Eric Garcetti(?)

Not bad:
-Julian Castro
-Sherrod Brown
-Kirsten Gillibrand

Better than I expected:
Elizabeth Warren

Pipe Dream:
Richard Ojeda

Favorite Candidate:
Bernie Sanders

Bernie's more electable than 75% of the candidates I listed because he's passionate, plain spoken, and straight forward. He knows what Americans needs, he knows who is hurt, and he doesn't mince words about how he feels, and what he wants to do about it.

Last edited:
I think Bernie set the stage for the new wave of the hard left in '20. And he would be 79 if elected. Will people care about that? Just seems like he was the pioneer that got the movement started and that his base could quickly split across the other new crop of progressives.

Isn’t this what you want from the party, Ph? This seems like a weird issue to have. Do you find her move and subsequent record convincing or not? She moved left before much of this board did, fwiw. I thought we weren’t into purity tests on here?

“I don’t think that’s a bad thing”

Does Booker not realize that teachers all over the country are protesting charters? Is the money that good or does he really not feel what direction the wind is blowing?

"Dems" who I will not vote for:
-Joe Biden
-Hillary Clinton
-Michael Bloomberg
-John Kasich(?)

Please don't make me vote for these Dems:
-Amy Klobuchar
-John Delaney
-placeholder for rando conservaDems from a red states
-placeholder for douchebag silicon valley oligarch

Will hold my nose and vote for these candidates:
Cory Booker
Beto O'Rourke

Wait & See:
-Kamala Harris
-Eric Garcetti(?)

Not bad:
-Julian Castro
-Sherrod Brown
-Kirsten Gillibrand

Better than I expected:
Elizabeth Warren

Pipe Dream:
Richard Ojeda

Favorite Candidate:
Bernie Sanders

The fact that Booker is not at the absolute bottom of the list is insane. That guy sucks.

Bernie isnt electable. All the casually racist upper middle class soccer moms that live in my neighborhood will vote for Beto bc he’s a poor man’s JFK that they fantasize about while their shitbird husbands are trying to bang them. HLC got 0% of the vote from that group.

That's OK. Their husbands are fantasizing about one or more of the starlets JFK bagged while they're drilling the same old, tired twat.

All the more reason to support Beto. If he can get conservative soccer moms to vote Dem and get ideological purists like MDMH to hold their nose and show up to vote, then we have a great chance to unseat Trump. I plan to vote for whatever Dem wins the nomination against Trump. I've been quite content for years to vote for whoever I consider the lesser of 2 evils.

Does Booker not realize that teachers all over the country are protesting charters? Is the money that good or does he really not feel what direction the wind is blowing?

The fact that Booker is not at the absolute bottom of the list is insane. That guy sucks.

This.

So in looking at the potential field, I see a baker's dozen of folks with a reasonable shot at the nomination: Harris, Beto, Inslee, Hickenlooper, Castro, Warren, Gillibrand, Brown, Klobuchar, Booker, Biden, Gabbard and Sanders. Maybe Moulton or Bullock, but I doubt it. Of that group, I'm thinking it comes down to Harris, Beto, Warren, Gillibrand, Klobuchar, Biden and Sanders.

So in looking at the potential field, I see a baker's dozen of folks with a reasonable shot at the nomination: Harris, Beto, Inslee, Hickenlooper, Castro, Warren, Gillibrand, Brown, Klobuchar, Booker, Biden, Gabbard and Sanders. Maybe Moulton or Bullock, but I doubt it. Of that group, I'm thinking it comes down to Harris, Beto, Warren, Gillibrand, Klobuchar, Biden and Sanders.

#analysis

I think Biden bows out earlier than some think and he will get behind a candidate in hopes of pushing them over the finish line. Just hope it’s not Cory Booker.

I think Biden bows out earlier than some think and he will get behind a candidate in hopes of pushing them over the finish line. Just hope it’s not Cory Booker.

Booker seems like who he would choose. Scranton guy picking a Newark guy.

Have you given them any nicknames yet? #unzippedandwaiting

Back