Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125165170171172173174175
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 3500

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Quote Originally Posted by AsesinoDeTortugas View Post
    Well when you put it that way
    I'm afraid of what the answer really is to this question.

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    I'm afraid of what the answer really is to this question.
    For 95% of voters, itís an easy decision one way or the other
    Birds arenít real

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Kamala/Mayor Pete is looking like it could happen. Kamala will have to be competitive in Iowa, NH and SC before winning the West Coast.
    Bruh I think you're gonna have to switch that ticket. My man Pete has surged well past her recent polls. Plus the last thing Dems need right now is a presidential candidate from an "elitist" blue state.

Weíve currently got a president from an elitist blue state

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Bruh I think you're gonna have to switch that ticket. My man Pete has surged well past her recent polls. Plus the last thing Dems need right now is a presidential candidate from an "elitist" blue state.
    Pretty much.

And I feel like so many Democrats are missing a simple fact that should be completely obvious to anybody who knows basic history.

People do not want to vote for a member of Congress for President.

The only two members of Congress to become President in my lifetime were HW and Obama.

HW was in Congress for only four years. Then was UN Ambassador and head of the CIA and Republican primary runner up before he was VP.

Obama was a Senator for a few months before he declared his candidacy. Then he beat six more experienced senators (Gravel, Dodd, Biden, Edwards, Hillary, McCain) to become President.

Senators just donít win so I donít know why people especially Democrats keep trying to force it.

The best thing that can happen for Democrats is for being mayor to be a legitimate path to the Presidency. That would greatly expand the pool to satisfy voters who tend to want someone with demonstrated competency yet who is new.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    If this happens with either on top, I want the Xanax, Zoloft and Valium concessions in the south and Midwest. I doubt they will be able to produce enough of the RX if it happens.

But she won't take VP with him.

One more point. If Kamala isnít President or VP of a brokered ticket, sheís probably the AG pick of the next Dem President.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    One more point. If Kamala isnít President or VP of a brokered ticket, sheís probably the AG pick of the next Dem President.
    AG Harris would be MHBís worst nightmare
    Birds arenít real

Yeah. I think there will be pressure on the President to find cabinet positions for candidates who want them. Kamala just doesn't seem like someone who would be happy spending 20+ years in the Senate. Wouldn't be surprised if Gilibrand ended up in the cabinet either.

NEW MODERAT0R
    Mayor Pete says he would want Phish to play at his inauguration. Fuck this guy.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...-inauguration/

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Mayor Pete says he would want Phish to play at his inauguration. Fuck this guy.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...-inauguration/
    yikes, although that is a good album

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I get your point as to senators being elected president. It is rare throughout our history. And I agree with Harris as AG - natural fit, and you wouldn't lose a senate seat. But if Buttigieg is the nominee, I would like to think he'd have a running mate with considerable DC experience. Same reason an inexperienced Obama picked Joe. To me, Klobuchar makes a lot of sense. Good geography, and we wouldn't likely lose that senate seat.

But I still gotta ask is Murca ready for a gay president, and is he electable in the general? I had thought America was ready for a mixed race president in Obama, but judging from the backlash, I believe I was mistaken. I say this as someone who likes Buttigieg and finds him refreshing. But whenever I think of nominating someone, I don't just think about who I like. I also think about who is most electable in a general. And while Buttigieg is rising in Dem polls, he still fares toward the bottom of the Dems vis-a-vis Trump. Sure, part of that is he's not well known. But how much of it is too many folks won't vote for someone who is gay or lesbian? I don't know.

And don't say we've already had a gay president. Sure, we've had a gay president and a lesbian 1st lady, but it's not exactly like voters realized either of those things at those times.

America will never be ďreadyĒ for any non-heteronormative President, including a female President. Electability is bullshit, we learned that in 2016. Being gay, being black, being a woman, none of that shit matters, the only question should be is whether or not a candidate can perform the duties of the office appropriately, ethically, and impartially.
    Birds arenít real

Can Mayor Pete step into the freezer?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AsesinoDeTortugas View Post
    AG Harris would be MHBís worst nightmare
    No, Kamala Harris Associate Justice replacing RBG would.

Robert O'Kelley

Meh on Klobuchar

Robert O'Kelley

So, it appears over a quarter of Sanders supporters are still trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    So, it appears over a quarter of Sanders supporters are still trash.
    pikachushockedface.jpg
    Birds arenít real

I disagree with you
    Impossible !