• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

RJ you are constantly operating under the assumption that you are always right and that anyone that disagrees is deliberately being dishonest. Then you attack those people for disagreeing. Reminds me of something.

I answered you earlier and said no.

nice attempt at troliing...

It is settled. you are dishonest and incapable of taking responsibility for anything. Just like Trump.

One might say you’re accusing Strick of being....

Fake news.

The problem with Bernie Bros is they don't understand the reality of the healthcare system. The quickest, most efficient and cheapest way to universal care is a full blown public option to buy into Medicare and Medicare supplement. Buying into Medicare will cost everyone 20-30+% less.

By the way, the current cost for the Medicare supplemental coverage is about $135/month for seniors. Think of how much lower this will be when we add hundreds of millions of younger people. Here's something else that is really easy to understand, with Medicare and the supplement, one's deductible is about $185. What's yours? How easy is this to understand?

The only reason 80-95% of companies won't immediately go to this plan is if they have long-term contracts they can't get out of. In many cases, the lawsuits for dumping the contract could be less than the savings.

Private primary insurance will go the way of the travel agent and physical book store faster and cheaper than any other way.

What about the details above? Can you dispute any of them?

The instant the public option becomes available, SHRM will be having regional workshops every weekend to instruct people on how to move all their employees. It will be a matter of getting out of contracts and filling out the proper paperwork.

Millions of people will be scared and will react negatively if they are told this is the end of their private insurance. However, if they already have better and cheaper insurance, you win and the public wins.

But keep going after me rather than the information provided. Keep using that weak tactic.

CNN doing the draw now for the July 30 and 31 debates.

The execution is good but “analysis” is nauseating.

Warren vs. Bernie vs. Pete on Tues, July 30
Harris vs. Biden Part 2 on Wed, July 31

Good matchups. Three women each night. Definitely chances for the top 5 to make moves. All white candidates on Tuesday. All five minority candidates on Wednesday.

Last edited:
I wish Warren and Bernie were on different sides of the bracket

I said this for more than TEN years when I wasn't on Medicare. I've been saying it on threads every year since Obama was running. I didn't change anything because of that.

"Incrementalism" is baby steps. This would be a tectonic but manageable and understandable leap.

Do you actually think that most companies wouldn't immediately jump at the ability to say 20-30+% overnight on such a huge cost to them? Millions, and likely tens of millions would change during the first year. That's not incremental by any definition.

Your bigotry against boomers is absolutely not different than Trump's racism. It's out of hate, ignorance and laziness.
What if their doctors didn’t accept that option.

Doctors will have to choose between accepting it or going out of business.

Why? There is still private insurance that will be all the more motivated to negotiate with them. There isn’t a healthcare system without providers.

Private insurance will be priced out of the market. Their profit and overhead costs artificially inflate the costs to the consumer without providing any real value. Add to that the concept that the size private insurance companies allow better negotiated prices will be blown out of the water with a much, much larger public option/Medicare pool.

Private insurance companies will continue to exist to provide specialty insurance and some supplemental offerings.

I wish Warren and Bernie were on different sides of the bracket

It’s the most interesting matchup to me. They seem to occupy the same lane but Warren clearly wants to fix capitalism and Bernie wants to replace it although perhaps not as much as his biggest supporters want to. If I’m Warren, this is the matchup I want. If she takes down Bernie, she can take over the lead. I just don’t think Bernie can go toe to toe with her.

This is a huge chance for Warren and Harris to continue their momentum before they face each other.

The other question if it Pete or Beto will grab the third spot for the night. Will they get their points in? Will they go at Warren or Bernie?

Last edited:
rj sucks so much

Sorry RJ, coming from me I know this won’t help you much. I disagree, while misguided most of you at the end of the day know RJ is a good dude. most the people would enjoy sitting down for a punt and a funny story with him. People are bully’s and assholes and RJ plays into it a lot (understandably). However at the end of the day if your harassing RJs ass it’s most likely because it’s and easy target and your a bully.

RJs a good poster and the boards are better for him being around.

Back