• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Warren Is Spending Campaign Cash to Unseat Susan Collins

A new memo sent to supporters on Tuesday from Warren’s campaign manager Roger Lau details a series of investments on state directors and organizers for states that vote and caucus in March. The campaign, Lau writes, is devoting these resources not just to boost Warren ahead of primary voting but to assist Democrats in marquee Senate, House, and state legislative contests in 2020. Among the target list Lau offered was Maine, where Collins is facing a number of potential Democratic challengers including Maine House Speaker Sara Gideon.

“We're hiring state directors and organizers in a number of states that have primaries and caucuses in March. And we're targeting our resources to invest in places that will be critical to keeping the House, taking back the U.S. Senate, and regaining ground in key state legislatures in 2020,” Lau wrote. “That includes states like Illinois and California, where Democrats won a whole bunch of House seats in 2018 in close elections that we'll need to defend. It also includes states like Maine, which has a competitive Senate race and Georgia, where there will be two Senate seats up for election.”

Suddenly interested to see Warren's Q3 fundraising totals.

(Not really suddenly, I'm always interested in fundraising totals.)

I'mma be mad if Biden gets a sympathy bump from this Ukraine stuff

I seriously doubt he will, especially with Trump trying to implicate Biden in the Ukraine mess, which means Fox and its friends will be doing the same. So you shouldn't have any worries there. Let's all be more worried about actually winning the EC next November.

Joe deserves sympathy whether you think he should be the nominee or not. He keeps smiling through a tough life. Wife and daughter died and two sons injured in a car wreck. Both boys grow up then Joe loses one son to brain cancer which derailed his possible run for office. Other son is used as a political pawn by the Trump administration to derail is current run for office and that son is going to get the full #BENGHAZI!!!!!1!!1!1 and Pizzagate treatment by the right-wing media machine.

sailor pulls out the reference from a 1979 movie. finger on the pulse , that guy.

After looking at the last couple of days of polling, it appears the Ukraine situation is having the opposite effect. His poll numbers have been heading south so far this week.

Telling on themselves. Also very cool country we have here.

These companies are panicking as if she’s going to drag them out of bed in the middle of the night and kill them. They will still make money. Tons of it. Just slightly less than maybe they would under empty suit Trump.

Government’s real bad for Wall Street business. Until they blow up the financial system and economy at which point they are reliant on intervention to survive.

I find it hard to believe that these guys would support Trump instead of just sitting it out. Business loves stability and predictability. Obviously Bernie or Warren would introduce instability initially but the Trump economy is clearly unstable and even less predictable. If their Biden support goes away they should just save their money instead of investing in a guy who’s driving the ship ashore.

I mean we're rounding into the 10th year of economic expansion. Maybe Trump is volatile, and markets have been too, but Trump has also re-enabled all the stuff that led to 2008 that Obama tried (pretty toothlessly) to put protections in place for. If Warren is gonna put them back in place, she'll do it with enforcement and a plan to make it permanent, and that's why Wall St is nervous. Then again, Wall St is also giving her money.

Back