• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

But I’m pretty sure superdelegates have never swung an election including 2016. Hillary had the most votes. By a large margin.

I'm pretty sure they haven't either. But in 2016 Hillary won by roughly 1000 delegates. There were 712 super delegates, 572 of whom voted for Hillary. That's a pretty nice insurance policy to have going in, all courtesy of the DNC.

I wish the 2016 Republicans had super delegates.

I'm pretty sure they haven't either. But in 2016 Hillary won by roughly 1000 delegates. There were 712 super delegates, 572 of whom voted for Hillary. That's a pretty nice insurance policy to have going in, all courtesy of the DNC.
Its not a real insurance policy as was shown in 2008

Its not a real insurance policy as was shown in 2008

Exactly. If I remember correctly, some of Hillary’s early super delegates went to Obama after he started winning. People forget how much of an underdog he was.

Ady is that dude. He was great on PSA. This is a good interview as well. Ady is literally going out fighting for the rest of us.

Some analysis in WaPo indiciating Warren and Pete would be the first to reach 270.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...at-it-might-be-warren-or-buttigieg-not-biden/

6OWMRGUTSBBVRIXQX4R4QSDLP4.png

there really ins't a good defense of the superdelegate system or the DNC's debate/campaign strategy in 2016

there really ins't a good defense of the superdelegate system or the DNC's debate/campaign strategy in 2016

That is true. It is also true that it didn't impact who the actual winner was. If Bernie had been a better candidate ("better" being defined as one who, you know, more people voted for) he would have won the primary.

Warren is now leading in Iowa with 28%. Mayor Pete is 2nd at 20%. Biden is 4th.

That is true. It is also true that it didn't impact who the actual winner was. If Bernie had been a better candidate ("better" being defined as one who, you know, more people voted for) he would have won the primary.

So, by that logic Donald Trump was the better presidential candidate, huh.

Except that fewer people voted for him than the other candidate.

[sig]If Clinton had been a better candidate ("better" being defined as one who, you know, won the electoral college), she would have won the election.[/sig]

No. She’s planning a 3rd party run.

Back