• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Seems to me like you shouldn't object to ending cash bail then? If your argument is that certain people are too dangerous to release before their trial, and then why should how much money they have come in to play at all? Either they are too much of a danger to the public and should remain in jail, or they aren't and they should be released, right?

It's not as simple as that. Yes, I agree that most people shouldn't be kept in jail due to bail. But there are gray areas.

Seems to me like you shouldn't object to ending cash bail then? If your argument is that certain people are too dangerous to release before their trial, and then why should how much money they have come in to play at all? Either they are too much of a danger to the public and should remain in jail, or they aren't and they should be released, right?

This is exactly how I feel. Someones accessibility to wealth should never determine whether they are allowed to leave jail or remain incarcerated. This seems like common sense, and I also don't see the gray areas.

Right, why not make release until trial the default, and then the prosecution can file a motion to retain the suspect until trial with supporting evidence as to why they are a flight risk or especially dangerous.

it's going to be exciting when we receive an explanation of the gray areas

Right, why not make release until trial the default, and then the prosecution can file a motion to retain the suspect until trial with supporting evidence as to why they are a flight risk or especially dangerous.

why not just speed up access to trials and not release anyone

RJ is like 8 posts in and still doesn't understand what ending cash bail means. This is fantastic.

They could make it less expensive by not arresting people for random minor stuff.

I hear what you are saying but just seems like another opportunity for brown people to get unfair treatment relative to their white counterparts.

Dems don’t win with establishment candidates.

Wonder if it has anything to do with completely backing away from Medicare for All, which is about 10x as popular as she is. She was a co-sponsor and said it was the right thing to do. Then she started hosting fundraisers in the Hamptons and meeting pharma execs and changed her mind, and her support utterly tanked.

Back