• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Everyone's electability is questioned.

My point is that when we (registered Democrats) nominate solely based on electability concerns, we tend to lose elections. Kerry and Clinton were very electable. They just couldn’t win an election.

I don't think Kerry or Clinton were nominated solely on electability concerns.

To be fair all we have left for conservatives is you, and you are pretty fucking dumb, and sailor who is a racist misogynist rube Nazi low information voter. So all of it is covered.

Seems to me that Warren and Mayor Pete keep rising. Biden struggles to keep his initial lead and Bernie has fallen down comparatively as well. Now some "big" Dem donors are mad about it because they have personal interests that don't align with the majority of the party (because they are wealthy) and they want to add more people to the mix. Why not just back who people seem to be excited about as a majority? Throw mo' dollas at Warren and Pete.

Biden would be such a lame choice. Obviously getting rid of Trump is the main goal, but if these were normal times (say 10 + years ago) and pubs hadn't gone completely off the deep end, I'd be considerably torn between, say, Romney or Kasich and Biden.

I just don't see Biden being effective.

Last edited:
Not according to the newest CNN poll.

I still think Biden is toast. I think he is 3rd or below in Iowa and New Hampshire by the time the caucus/primary rolls around and that leads to him under-performing in SC. After that, he is going to drop out.

I'll be shocked if Warren doesn't win the nomination. I just hope she and her team can run a campaign that recognizes the world as it currently exists, unlike the previous dem nominee.

Not according to the newest CNN poll.

https://www.newsweek.com/elizabeth-...-joe-biden-bernie-sanders-latest-poll-1465326

And there are other polls, multiple polls, that align with my statement. The fact of the matter is, you can watch the debates and see Biden doesn't have it. Time for Dem Insiders to recognize its more important to pick the person the majority of the party likes over who they feel deserves the nomination. They made that mistake in 2016 and we all know how that turned out.

I don't think Kerry or Clinton were nominated solely on electability concerns.

Clinton was elected because she conspired with the DNC to ensure she was the only viable candidate running. Electability had nothing to do with it.

Clinton was elected because she conspired with the DNC to ensure she was the only viable candidate running. Electability had nothing to do with it.
Sure thing. Like the DNC even had the power to do that if it wanted to. Not surprised you buy that nonsense.

Last edited:
https://www.newsweek.com/elizabeth-...-joe-biden-bernie-sanders-latest-poll-1465326

And there are other polls, multiple polls, that align with my statement. The fact of the matter is, you can watch the debates and see Biden doesn't have it. Time for Dem Insiders to recognize its more important to pick the person the majority of the party likes over who they feel deserves the nomination. They made that mistake in 2016 and we all know how that turned out.

The last 6 polls aggregated per RCP show Biden +1, +8, +2, +15, +9, +10 all in the last week.

If anything, recent polling shows Biden regaining some of his footing. Now why that is happening is up to debate.

Sure thing. Like the DNC even had the power to do that if it wanted to. Not surprised you buy that nonsense.

As I recall, without looking it up, the Bernie/Hillary race would have been much closer had it not been for super delegates, almost all of whom voted for Hillary.

Who picks the super delegates? The DNC or someone else?

Back