• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

“Stanley Sturgill, a coal miner for 41 years in Harlan County, Kentucky, explained the Green New Deal would open the door for elected officials to use the plan to render solutions needed in their own communities.

“If it was called the Red New Deal, it would be approved by now,” said Sturgill. “What you’re doing with the Green New Deal is you’re opening the door to infringe on the Republicans’ money and that’s what they’re afraid of. Republicans laugh and say you can’t pay for it. But if you tax everybody what they should be taxed, and I’m talking about the wealthy, there wouldn’t be a problem.”

Sturgill cited the coal companies that receive billions of dollars in annual government subsidies and tax breaks, while hiring expensive lawyers to fight paying black lung benefits to coal miners. “I fought seven years before I got my black lung benefits, and they were hoping I died before getting paid,” added Sturgill.”

This guy gets it.

Bernie going full Trump with the Washington Post

"I talk about that all of the time," Sanders said of Amazon paying "nothing" in taxes. "And then I wonder why The Washington Post, which is owned by Jeff Bezos, who owns Amazon, doesn't write particularly good articles about me. I don't know why," he said at a campaign event in New Hampshire on Tuesday.

Never go full Trump

Let's just be clear that this is not "full Trump." This morning Trump tweeted that he was to restrict the civil liberties of a specific journalist because of an anti-Trump editorial segment. Bernie's comments are lame, but not "Full Trump"

You weren’t supposed to be the first reply

Bernie is going to implode when he realizes he has no shot to win. Hopefully, he'll grow up enough to work to beat Trump and get his supporters to vote and vote for whomever is running against Trump.

Bernie is going to implode when he realizes he has no shot to win. Hopefully, he'll grow up enough to work to beat Trump and get his supporters to vote and vote for whomever is running against Trump.

Why do we have any reason to believe that he won't do exactly what he did last time when he endorsed Clinton?

He did it half-assed for Clinton and very late. He acted like a spoiled brat.

Bernie?? Yawn.

He will be an afterthought come December
His "bros" and sieving to Warren.

Bernie?? Yawn.

He will be an afterthought come December
His "bros" and sieving to Warren.

I think you’re right. Biden/Warren are your final two here. I love Warren and she’s my ideal pick out of this show, but is the idea of another commie libvagina disgusting enough to get the rubes out in full again?

I think you’re right. Biden/Warren are your final two here. I love Warren and she’s my ideal pick out of this show, but is the idea of another commie libvagina disgusting enough to get the rubes out in full again?
Yes.

Trump easily wins a matchup with Pocahontas.

Lol that Dems think winning a presidential election is going to magically fix this mess. Moscow Mitcg still has the Senate. The damage done to government organizations, the environment, foreign relations, etc. might be unrepairable. There is no guarantee that Trump will leave.

Lol that Dems think winning a presidential election is going to magically fix this mess. Moscow Mitcg still has the Senate. The damage done to government organizations, the environment, foreign relations, etc. might be unrepairable. There is no guarantee that Trump will leave.

Always great to hear from the #nowecant / #whytry caucus

It's not #nowwecant, #whytry. It's #fightharder, #bebold, #saveamerica. The problem that I see is Democrats are largely using the same, tired playbook. I liked Buttigieg's idea of reclaiming the patriotic language the Republicans have held captive, but after the initial rollout, I haven't heard about it since.

It's not #nowwecant, #whytry. It's #fightharder, #bebold, #saveamerica. The problem that I see is Democrats are largely using the same, tired playbook. I liked Buttigieg's idea of reclaiming the patriotic language the Republicans have held captive, but after the initial rollout, I haven't heard about it since.

The frustrating thing is that the election is there for the taking, imo. I think Trump definitely has a ceiling on his level of support, as the polls have consistently shown since he took office. I don't think he's going to get much more, if any, of the 46% of the popular vote he got last time. He still has a good chance of winning a second term due to two things: the current GOP tilt in the Electoral College, which gives smaller red states an outsized influence, and the Democrats proven ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This is not a particularly strong Dem field (I don't see an Obama or Bill Clinton type superstar in the bunch, although admittedly it's still fairly early) and they could easily blow it, in spite of all of Trump's vulnerabilities. If they do, there needs to be hell to pay for the party leadership in Congress, the DNC, and elsewhere in 2021.

AL is a def loss for Dems barring Roy Moore being the GOP nominee
AZ will be a pick up with Mark Kelly

CO is a toss up it would be nice if Hickenlooper ran
GA could be in play if Stacey Adams isn't VP nominee
ME Collins is in trouble. People are pissed at her voting to kill ACA.
MT could be in play if Bullock or Mayor Collins of Helena runs against this whack job.
NC who is running against Tillis?

KY could be in play if the Dems spend enough money but that's really tough
IA Ernst should win unless they get a tough candidate
TN could be in play if the old governor runs

It will take some luck or the beginnings of a recession. But it's doable.

AL is a def loss for Dems barring Roy Moore being the GOP nominee
AZ will be a pick up with Mark Kelly

CO is a toss up it would be nice if Hickenlooper ran
GA could be in play if Stacey Adams isn't VP nominee
ME Collins is in trouble. People are pissed at her voting to kill ACA.
MT could be in play if Bullock or Mayor Collins of Helena runs against this whack job.
NC who is running against Tillis?

KY could be in play if the Dems spend enough money but that's really tough
IA Ernst should win unless they get a tough candidate
TN could be in play if the old governor runs

It will take some luck or the beginnings of a recession. But it's doable.

I'd add that the TX Senate seat might also be in play if Beto or Castro chooses to run, as they could give Cornyn a real race. Their chances would probably depend on how strong the Democratic presidential candidate ran in the state.

I'd like to put TX in there, but Beto couldn't even beat the most hated asshole in the Senate. It would be great to win TX and I really like Castro. In 2016, I thought he'd have been a much better choice for VP than Kaine.

Back