• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

"Dems" who I will not vote for:
-Joe Biden
-Hillary Clinton
-Michael Bloomberg
-John Kasich(?)

Please don't make me vote for these Dems:
-Amy Klobuchar
-John Delaney
-placeholder for rando conservaDems from a red states
-placeholder for douchebag silicon valley oligarch

Will hold my nose and vote for these candidates:
Cory Booker
Beto O'Rourke

Wait & See:
-Kamala Harris
-Eric Garcetti(?)

Not bad:
-Julian Castro
-Sherrod Brown
-Kirsten Gillibrand

Better than I expected:
Elizabeth Warren

Pipe Dream:
Richard Ojeda

Favorite Candidate:
Bernie Sanders

Call me old fashioned but I don't think Bernie's rape fantasy essays will play to well in the #MeToo era.

Even the #stillwithher crowd on twitter moved on from that nonsense years ago. Let me help you:

- Bernie voted against Russian sanctions multiple times (good actually)

-Bernie moved to Vermont instead of living and working in a diverse area.

-Bernie never had a real job, he was on welfare once.

-Vermont has a very high incarceration rate for African Americans

-Bernie voted against the Brady Bill (he had a reason, but still)

-Bernie got elected with NRA support (he did, by default)

-Bernie didn't support black social activists in Vermont (legitimate criticism)

-Bernie's attacks on Clinton polarized the electorate and hurt her in the general. (True)

-Bernie stayed in the primary too long, and didnt convince his supporters to vote for Clinton (maybe)

-Jane Sanders defrauded a bank and bankrupted a college, and Bernie was complicit (not true, FBI cleared both)

-Bernie hasnt released his tax returns (he has?)

-Bernie dismissed southern African American Democrats as "too conservative" and didn't consider them important. (Legitimate criticism)

-Bernie isn't a Democrat (legitimate criticism for party loyalists)

-Bernie once suggested Obama should be primaried (also good)

Last edited:
In what world is it "good actually" to vote against sanctions on Russia?

no, i think a little explanation of the "voting against sanctions on Russia is actually good" theory would be worthwhile

or is it a good criticism
Bernie has recently and historically voted both for and against Russian sanction bills, to his credit actually recognizing nuance in the application of foreign policy, rather than using his office as a rubber stamp for liberal russian paranoia.

Yeah I am genuinely curious how anyone can say a vote against Russian sanctions is justifiable and a good thing. I can maybe understand if there is a human rights issue (i.e. sanctions are causing a famine) but I haven’t seen anything but the US levying sanctions against oligarchs so they can no longer access or launder money that they’ve more or less stolen from the public.

Plus Russia is still fucking with our elections and they’ve barely paid a price for installing the worst President in US history.

Bernie was just a “progressive sanctionist” guys

Yeah I am genuinely curious how anyone can say a vote against Russian sanctions is justifiable and a good thing. I can maybe understand if there is a human rights issue (i.e. sanctions are causing a famine) but I haven’t seen anything but the US levying sanctions against oligarchs so they can no longer access or launder money that they’ve more or less stolen from the public.

Plus Russia is still fucking with our elections and they’ve barely paid a price for installing the worst President in US history.

"liberal russian paranoia"

The horseshoe theory lives on.

Bernie was just a “progressive sanctionist” guys

or you could wait to hear mdmh's response before declaring him a fascist traitor

or you could wait to hear mdmh's response before declaring him a fascist traitor
There's no response that would satisfy this moronic shit. The sanction bills are all different with different contexts so the expectation to approve all them because "Russia did bad facebook stuff", is dumb. Some of them include unwise sanctions on other countries, some of them have hypocritical human rights conditions, some of them have conditions that are clearly driven by lobbyist interests to favor specific corporations in trade restrictions. You know, context and nuance.

Last edited:

Meh, there's enough legit things to be upset about without the ridiculous hyperbole.

Meh, there's enough legit things to be upset about without the ridiculous hyperbole.

Is the hyperbole that he was installed by Russia or that he’s the worst President ever. One of those is only slightly hyperbolic and the other is probably an understatement. Neither is ridiculous hyperbole.

I'd say "installed by Russia" is a bit hyperbolic, yeah. Hypocritical as well, considering American imperialism.

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproj...y-one-meddling-in-elections-we-do-it-too.html
“If you ask an intelligence officer, did the Russians break the rules or do something bizarre, the answer is no, not at all,” said Steven L. Hall, who retired in 2015 after 30 years at the C.I.A., where he was the chief of Russian operations. The United States “absolutely” has carried out such election influence operations historically, he said, “and I hope we keep doing it.”

Back