• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I say there is an 75% chance Junebug voted for Trump and is lying about it on a sports message board of a top 30 university so that he can say that he is not a rube.

So, Julian Castro anybody?

Nope?

Carry on.

Potentially interesting. Maybe more as a possible veep. Haven't heard him on the stump so don't know how charismatic he is. But he's from the right part of the country, he's Latino, and he probably doesn't offend either wing of the party.

You aren’t paying attention to my posts. I didn’t vote for Trump in 2016 and I’m not voting for him in 2020. I would rather Ginsburg be replaced with a clone of herself that doesn’t age than vote for him.

Did you vote for Republicans in 2018? Will you in 2020? If so, what have those Republicans done to prevent Trump from being as awful as he’s been?

Julian Castro should have run for something in 2014 or 2016 instead of serving as HUD Secretary. He’s probably kicking himself for not running against Cornyn in 2014 after seeing what a tough loss has done for Beto. Castro squandered all the momentum he had going into and after his 2012 DNC keynote.

All I’ve heard about Gillibrand is that she’s a centrist Hillary protege. What do you like about her?

All I’ve heard about Gillibrand is that she’s a centrist Hillary protege. What do you like about her?

You’re being weird these days, Ph!

She’s hardly an apologist. She was one of the first people to tell Bill Clinton to fuck off in the #metoo era, which basically severed her ties to the Clintons and the DNC elite. I appreciate her move left as a senator and it occurred before it became fashionable to do so. She appears to genuinely believe what she sells; I’m inclined to believe her evolution in thinking as more than just a plea for votes. In general, she is one of the few candidates who is who she is and is fine with that. No dishonest branding as a progressive like the truly awful Beto O’Rourke.

She co-sponsored Medicare for All with Sanders, appears to actually support gun control, dislikes ICE and exploitative immigration policy, and has gone left on the economy. I have been heartened by her response to the anti-BDS bill, too.

In short, lots of policy reasons, but she’s just fucking electable and seems like a decent person. She’s what y’all think you’re getting with Kamala Harris, minus the cop baggage and with the ability to appeal to centrist Dems and #nevertrumpers.

Unlike a lot of posters on here, I actually support a few of these candidates for what they actually do (vs. whatever flavor of the month y’all fall in love with via msnbc). I just have convictions and standards. I don’t understand why that rustles so many of yall’s jimmies (sup, itc!)

Last edited:
I haven’t made any decisions. I’m just learning about everybody. Thanks.

I haven’t made any decisions. I’m just learning about everybody. Thanks.

I’m sorry. I’m just kind of bored of the snark police routine on the tunnels as of late. Weird turn for the tunnels and it’s a shame given the collective intelligence on here.

I’m a Gillibrand fan in this field. Happy to address her record if you (or anybody) has questions or wants to debate.

Any thoughts on selling herself heavily to Wall Street Strick? That's the main criticism I've seen.

Prolly always gonna happen with a senator from NY but also kinda hard to imagine her going hard after it once pres

Last edited:
Back