• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

If your not worried about trying to get my vote in this election, then enjoy feeling good about nominating your hard core leftist while Donald Trump enjoys four more years in office.

I don’t care about getting your vote. Chasing the Jeff Flakes of the world is a fool’s errand and Democrats would be best to avoid it. There are certainly votes worth pursuing among Independents and even Trump voters, but I doubt yours is one of them.

I don’t care about getting your vote. Chasing the Jeff Flakes of the world is a fool’s errand and Democrats would be best to avoid it. There are certainly votes worth pursuing among Independents and even Trump voters, but I doubt yours is one of them.

Yup, just make sure whoever wins is charismatic and can rally the base. Fuck centrist pols. Hillary was a centrist and got zero Republican support.

Edit - nvm, not derailing the thread for same ol shit

Last edited:
Yup, just make sure whoever wins is charismatic and can rally the base. Fuck centrist pols. Hillary was a centrist and got zero Republican support.

The problem with Hillary wasn’t her politics, it was Hillary.

This just blatantly isn't true. There were a considerable amount of Obama/Trump voters and Romney/Hillary voters, and they varied depending on districts. A lot of the more rural Obama districts broke for Trump, and some of the suburban and exurb districts that went for Romney went for Hillary. And I personally know a handful of establishment Pubs who hated Hillary but still voted for her over Trump. And on this board, NEDeac is such a voter. What happened was some of the Bernie crowd who were drawn to Trump's message of tearing down Washington and liked his message on trade and immigration broke for him instead of Hillary and vice-versa.

This just blatantly isn't true. There were a considerable amount of Obama/Trump voters and Romney/Hillary voters, and they varied depending on districts. A lot of the more rural Obama districts broke for Trump, and some of the suburban and exurb districts that went for Romney went for Hillary. And I personally know a handful of establishment Pubs who hated Hillary but still voted for her over Trump. And on this board, NEDeac is such a voter. What happened was some of the Bernie crowd who were drawn to Trump's message of tearing down Washington and liked his message on trade and immigration broke for him instead of Hillary and vice-versa.

Haven't we been through this before only to find there is no data to back up this claim? Whole lotta #anecdotes and #feelings in your post.

Doesn’t the data indicate they just didn’t show up?

Haven't we been through this before only to find there is no data to back up this claim? Whole lotta #anecdotes and #feelings in your post.

https://ballotpedia.org/Pivot_Count...unties_intersect_with_Congressional_districts

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...ary-Clinton-after-backing-Mitt-Romney-in-2012

No, this was a thing. Not a yuge thing, but a thing. My recollection is probably more Obama/Trump than Romney/Clinton, but there was more Dem/Pub crossover than usual in 2016, probably due to the insurgent populism that was significant in both parties. I think the 538 folks had also commented on it a couple times. But sure, love your hashtags.

Love to relitigate the 2016 election on every political thread. Fuck we're going to do this forever aren't we?

I don’t think they broke for him as much as they stayed home or voted third party. Trump rules up a lot of low interest voters that would never show up for any other Republican.

Regardless, the party doesn’t need to tack to the center in 2020. The candidate is ideologically going to be somewhere between Obama and Sanders.

If you just look at the newly elected Dems you can see that Dem voters are moving left, now it's up to the party leaders to follow the momentum or resist it. Nancy Pelosi's immediate call to compromise with Republicans is an example of the party leaders resisting the momentum.

Nancy needs to get with the program or she’s going to encourage more AOCs to take on the establishment. I don’t know much about her own district but if she doesn’t represent progressive interests, there will be money flowing in to take her out.

Nancy needs to get with the program or she’s going to encourage more AOCs to take on the establishment. I don’t know much about her own district but if she doesn’t represent progressive interests, there will be money flowing in to take her out.

Schumer is gonna get got before Pelosi. He’s fucking garbage and thinks it’s the 1970s/80s instead of tribal warfare.

Oh he’s very vulnerable.

Back