• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I think Maddow will be tough on them. I like that choice for the Dem debates. I'm interested to see how the debates go as far as discussion of policy vs. all things Trump.

Great news for the Tunnels Left - journalists Rachel Maddow and Chuck Todd will be moderating the 2 NBC democratic debates!

Everyone on the left hates Chuck Todd, almost as much as they hate Cilizza. Maddow should be good though.

He's a both sides-er and a weak ass interviewer, who asks weak ass questions and doesn't press at all.

Yeah, he's good on election analysis but a lousy interviewer. I still miss Russert. I remember 1 hour with Russert showed Bill Richardson to be a lightweight and Rudy Guiliani couldn't keep his stories straight and killed their candidacies.

His sense of humor is atrocious.

Also, he goes overboard on trying to be “fair.”

Yup

No one ever taught him how to ask a follow up question

Yup

He's a both sides-er and a weak ass interviewer, who asks weak ass questions and doesn't press at all.

Yup

Yeah, he's good on election analysis but a lousy interviewer. I still miss Russert. I remember 1 hour with Russert showed Bill Richardson to be a lightweight and Rudy Guiliani couldn't keep his stories straight and killed their candidacies.

Yup

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...by-landslide-proportions-in-new-national-poll

“It’s a long 17 months to Election Day, but Joe Biden is ahead by landslide proportions,” said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

Biden’s double-digit lead over Trump is largely driven by the gender gap. The former vice president edges Trump 47 percent to 46 among men. But among women, Biden leads by 26 points, 60 to 34.

Similarly, white voters are split evenly between the two, with Trump at 47 percent and Biden at 46. But Biden leads 85 to 12 among black voters and 58 to 33 among Hispanics.

Both candidates surpass 90 percent support from within their own parties, but independents break for Biden by a 58 to 28 margin.

Damn.

Watching Chuck Todd trying to "lead" the roundtable discussions on MTP is painful. He invariably has on some right-wing blowhard like Danielle Pletka, or a smug right-wing pundit like Rich Lowry or Hugh Hewitt, and he almost always lets them drive the conversation, and as others have pointed out, he bosides everything. I'm convinced that he's actually scared of Pletka. Hopefully Maddow and the others will be tough, as I doubt that Todd will do anything other than try to sound ingratiating.

Pretty hard to be a decent person these days while validating the arguments of those on the right

Pretty hard to be a decent person these days while validating the arguments of those on the right

He doesn't validate those arguments. He may not go as far you'd like him to go, but that's not validation.

Back