Page 416 of 503 FirstFirst ... 316366406411412413414415416417418419420421426466 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,320 of 10052

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

  1. #8301
    Also Bernie shouldn’t scale back he should step aside and endorse Warren.

  2. #8302
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Also Bernie shouldn’t scale back he should step aside and endorse Warren.
    I unabashedly love Bernie, but I think I agree with this take. If his health is remotely a concern, take the rest of the campaign off and go be a senator again. We need all the help we can get in the Senate in 2020.

  3. #8303
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    I unabashedly love Bernie, but I think I agree with this take. If his health is remotely a concern, take the rest of the campaign off and go be a senator again. We need all the help we can get in the Senate in 2020.
    Yeah I like Bernie a lot as well but if he’s scaling back he can’t win. He will lose ground and his health will always be a topic. Continue your movement through supporting another progressive candidate who shares many of your views. Warren is on the upswing and broadening the coalition is only going to help her secure the nomination and beat Donald.

  4. #8304
    To be fair, they mean not doing 4 rallies a day, and scaling back to the schedule the rest of the other candidates are on, but I just want my dude to get healthy. The campaign trail cannot be a good place to do that. Build a bench and go downballot for all these awesome progressive challengers to dumb ChrisL/cville dbag candidates.

    I feel like it bears repeating that Donald got fewer votes than Mitt Romney. He didn't win because his ideas were popular or he was a great candidate, he won because Hillary was a horrible candidate. Let's not repeat those mistakes in 2020. Warren seems to be threading the needle well with progressive ideas, still getting big money donors, used to be a Republican and doesn't talk down to working class people, generally respected by labor. It'll be much easier for her to close any enthusiasm gap than Hillary. I think she can get more white women voters than Hillary if she adopts more of Gillibrand's family policies. I don't think she can get an appreciable amount more of the white dude vote, except for maybe some nonvoters. Getting Trump defectors is not a task worth pursuing.

  5. #8305
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    To be fair, they mean not doing 4 rallies a day, and scaling back to the schedule the rest of the other candidates are on, but I just want my dude to get healthy. The campaign trail cannot be a good place to do that. Build a bench and go downballot for all these awesome progressive challengers to dumb ChrisL/cville dbag candidates.

    I feel like it bears repeating that Donald got fewer votes than Mitt Romney. He didn't win because his ideas were popular or he was a great candidate, he won because Hillary was a horrible candidate. Let's not repeat those mistakes in 2020. Warren seems to be threading the needle well with progressive ideas, still getting big money donors, used to be a Republican and doesn't talk down to working class people, generally respected by labor. It'll be much easier for her to close any enthusiasm gap than Hillary. I think she can get more white women voters than Hillary if she adopts more of Gillibrand's family policies. I don't think she can get an appreciable amount more of the white dude vote, except for maybe some nonvoters. Getting Trump defectors is not a task worth pursuing.
    I'm really hoping that the bold happens.
    We're going to be good again.

  6. #8306

    2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

    It’s ridiculously early but based on the RCP average, Clinton never had as big a lead over Donald in polling as either Warren, Biden, or Bernie currently do. Obviously electoral college changes the analysis but you’re not going to sniff the victory on any front if you only get 40 percent of the vote and lose by 10+ points overall.

  7. #8307
    Now is the time when cville starts listing states

  8. #8308
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    It’s ridiculously early but based on the RCP average, Clinton never had as big a lead over Donald in polling as either Warren, Biden, or Bernie currently do. Obviously electoral college changes the analysis but you’re not going to sniff the victory on any front if you only get 40 percent of the vote and lose by 10+ points overall.
    What about if you only get %40 of the vote but stamp your feet, say the election is rigged, lock yourself in the oval office, and threaten to nuke Turkey if they make you leave?

  9. #8309
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Now is the time when cville starts typing the word "Virginia"
    We're going to be good again.

  10. #8310
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonwolverine View Post
    What about if you only get %40 of the vote but stamp your feet, say the election is rigged, lock yourself in the oval office, and threaten to nuke Turkey if they make you leave?
    Trump wouldn't do that. He has a hotel in Turkey.

  11. #8311
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    105,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    I'm really hoping that the bold happens.
    I've found that white women under 45 have quite a bit of antipathy toward Hillary.

    Hillary could have helped herself by not doing what Dole, Gore, Kerry (to an extent), McCain, and Romney did and lose all sense of personality in order to be presidential.

  12. #8312

    2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

    Haven’t had time to read through, but what’s the thought on Hillary entering the race again? Looking like that’s gonna happen.
    Last edited by DG3; 10-09-2019 at 01:00 PM.

  13. #8313
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I've found that white women under 45 have quite a bit of antipathy toward Hillary.

    Hillary could have helped herself by not doing what Dole, Gore, Kerry (to an extent), McCain, and Romney did and lose all sense of personality in order to be presidential.
    I bolded the sentence talking about how Warren should adopt some of Gillibrand's "family bill of rights" platform. That doesn't really have anything to do with Hilary Clinton, but I agree with Townie that including more "family policy" into her platform will boost Warren's popularity.
    We're going to be good again.

  14. #8314
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    105,678
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    Haven’t had time to read through, but what’s the though on Hillary entering the race again? Looking like that’s gonna happen.
    LOL. Based on what? That one tweet at Trump? That's just some stuff conservatives say to keep their base frothing at the mouth.

  15. #8315
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,014
    whatever it is, i hope it's not true

  16. #8316
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    LOL. Based on what? That one tweet at Trump? That's just some stuff conservatives say to keep their base frothing at the mouth.
    The fact she said today that there should be a rematch? This one’s right out of her mouth.

  17. #8317
    It's funny (and fitting) that the only people still paying attention to Hilary Clinton are conservatives.
    We're going to be good again.

  18. #8318
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    The fact she said today that there should be a rematch? This one’s right out of her mouth.
    It was a joke
    Birds aren’t real

  19. #8319
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    105,678
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    The fact she said today that there should be a rematch? This one’s right out of her mouth.
    She was trolling Trump. Like Strick said, the only people talking about Hillary running are conservatives. They're obsessed with her.

    Hillary Clinton
    muses about 2020
    'rematch' against
    Trump: 'I can beat him again'


    Fox News

    2 hours ago






    Hillary Clinton,
    enemy of
    womankind


    Washington Examiner
    1 hour ago





    WISH CASTING

    Conservatives Are Convincing Themselves That Clinton Will Run Again

    Even Donald Trump is getting into the act.


    https://www.thedailybeast.com/conser...ll-run-again-2
    The idea that Clinton would mount a third presidential bid has circulated for months among fringe right-wing activists. Now, as House Democrats move closer to impeaching Trump, more mainstream pro-Trump figures are picking up the same claim.
    “Do not be surprised, my friends, if she decides to try again in 2020,” radio host Rush Limbaugh told his national audience on Sept. 27. “Do not be surprised.”
    The phantom presidential campaign theory has also been picked up by former Trump adviser Steve Bannon, who said on Fox Business on Sept. 30 that “she is running.” And it’s been embraced over the past few days on Fox News, where hosts like Greg Gutfeld, Tucker Carlson, and Laura Ingraham have claimed Clinton could enter the race.

  20. #8320
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    It's funny (and fitting) that the only people still paying attention to Hilary Clinton are conservatives.
    I didn’t realize PBS interview was somehow conservative. You might not like it, but she said it today. She’s been all over talk shows the last few weeks. Could certainly be a coincidence in regards to timing of the primary and whatever publicly tour she’s on, but I guess only she knows.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •