• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Does ChrisL know how babies are born?
definitely

if biden was out here claiming he was fired for getting pregnant, i'd be all kinds of pissed
82a75b8288e128d7634b1721660771f1.gif

Apparently a dem candidate has to have no appearance of imperfection at all, otherwise it totally vindicates Trump. Whatamount must be so relieved, now he has cover to vote Trump even when he decides to hunt down the whistleblower with hounds like Ramsay Bolton

Apparently a dem candidate has to have no appearance of imperfection at all, otherwise it totally vindicates Trump. Whatamount must be so relieved, now he has cover to vote Trump even when he decides to hunt down the whistleblower with hounds like Ramsay Bolton

LK just needs to wait for all of the facts to come out

Holy hell, I just found out about this, dug into it and it's about something from 1971? Let's just say the Free Beacon is 100% legit on this (*chortle*) then wgaf? I sure don't.

The 2007 version she tells is different than the 2012 version she tells which is different from today's. And there are board minutes showing she was offered another year and press clippings suggesting she left for other reasons. Spotty and inconclusive evidence, generally speaking, but it exists and enough to make a news story for a day or two anyway.

Can you please add some nuance to this? In 2007, she said "I don't think this is going to work out for me.' I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years.""

About what she said in 2007-- "After becoming a public figure I opened up more about different pieces in my life and this was one of them. I wrote about it in my book when I became a U.S. Senator," she said in a statement from her campaign.

I see nothing about a 2012 statement, but see Fox News latching on to this statement as being different than what she is saying now: "I was visibly pregnant. And back in the day, that meant that the principal said to me," Warren said, pausing, "wished me luck and hired someone else for the job." It's not different.

It seems very clear that it was understood and automatic that pregnant women did not keep their jobs after they were 5-6 months pregnant. This is not shocking news, but seems hard for older men to admit for some reason.

The board minutes are useless.

Last edited:
Nobody has made that big a deal of it. It's going to be a long campaign season with the hyper-defensiveness of the golden child by the usual suspects.

Nobody has made that big a deal of it. It's going to be a long campaign season with the hyper-defensiveness of the golden child by the usual suspects.

You can call it hyper-defensiveness, I will call it not allowing another woman to get smeared with bullshit by misogynistic pieces of trash on the right.

meanwhile, Trump claims the military told him they'd be out of ammunition if Trump hadn't come to save them

You can call it hyper-defensiveness, I will call it not allowing another woman to get smeared with bullshit by misogynistic pieces of trash on the right.

one might say you're being hysterical speaking up on behalf of a woman

She is running for president. She is getting the same introspection as biden did when he claims that he met with someone when he was vp when it happened two years later.

It is difficult to get impregnated by eating a sandwich, according to all of the literature out there.
The next time someone gives you an out when you make a stupid joke, I suggest you take it.

She is running for president. She is getting the same introspection as biden did when he claims that he met with someone when he was vp when it happened two years later.

Whoa big news if true!

The next time someone gives you an out when you make a stupid joke, I suggest you take it.

You have suggested many things to me since I first recognized your presence here on the boards. If I'm being honest with you, then I'll probably continue to ignore your unsolicited advice.

If you think these are the same, hmmm. I think you know better than to think a women running for President on the left is treated the same as a man.

Back