• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Bernie Sanders would be the first Jewish president. For 1.4% of the votership, his candidacy is personally historic, and that you check the temptation to ID him as a "generic white guy" in the way of a candidate you support. Pick someone else. Or better, elevate several candidates at once! Thx..

Here's a good explainer about the design toolkit the Pete campaign unveiled yesterday.
https://www.fastcompany.com/9033416...s-a-radical-new-approach-to-campaign-branding

In an unprecedented move, the campaign has created an online design toolkit that will allow supporters to customize campaign logos and images using the campaign’s nine official colors, then download them in whatever size they like to use them on social media, yard signs, or however else they choose. “People will be able to use this however they want, other than selling it,” Deroy Peraza, principal and creative director of Hyperakt, told Fast Company exclusively. It saves them time, it gives them more assets to work with, and it gives them a clear sense of what the full color palette is. It just make it easier for people to rally around Pete.”

The campaign design is grounded in nine colors, spanning blues, browns, and golds. Each of these colors was pulled from Buttigieg’s life and are named to reflect this. One color is called Calm Blue, reflecting Buttigieg’s tendency to be soft-spoken and unflappable. Another is called Heartland Yellow. The orange is called Rust Belt. Buttigieg’s two dogs, Buddy and Truman, each have their own brown.
i-5-90334160-pete-buttigieg-is-making-all-his-design-assets-available-to-supporters-to-use.jpg
[Image: courtesy Hyperakt]In an interactive mood board on the design toolkit website, you can see exactly how these colors came about: You can slide across various photographs from Buttigieg’s world, seeing how they are made up of the nine campaign colors. Some of the images are of Buttigieg at home with his husband, Chasten Buttigieg, while others are of scenes around South Bend, from the factories that have closed to the new tech center that Buttigieg helped build. There are pictures of Buttigieg’s favorite whiskey, Talisker, his shoes, and the watch that Chasten gave him as an engagement present.In other words, rather than shaping the campaign’s colors around what might appeal to Buttigieg’s constituents, Peraza felt it was important to create the most authentic visual representation of Buttigieg himself. “Our position is just that when you’re branding a candidate, the most important thing is to reflect who that person is,” he says. “Lead with that story, rather than focusing on whatever sector or space they’re working within.”
Taken as a whole, the colors have a midwestern flair, calling to mind corn fields and industrial buildings. The colors are also reminiscent of collegiate baseball paraphernalia from the 1950s and 1960s, which often featured browns, yellows, and blues. Peraza says it makes sense to evoke team sports in the campaign, since it might spur people to rally around Mayor Pete the way they might rally around their favorite team. It’s also true that sports tends to bring people of different political persuasions together. “If you go to the Midwest, sports are everywhere,” says Peraza. “There’s really great design in those meeting places where everybody, regardless of whether you’re blue collar or white collar gets together around a team. We wanted to infuse a little bit of that into this brand, because this is about rallying around a movement, around a campaign. We want you to root for this team.”

For example, the North Carolina for Pete sign in Carolina blue. The Michigan one is maize and blue. Indiana is Pacers colors.

Bernie Sanders would be the first Jewish president. For 1.4% of the votership, his candidacy is personally historic, and that you check the temptation to ID him as a "generic white guy" in the way of a candidate you support. Pick someone else. Or better, elevate several candidates at once! Thx..

What about Joe Lieberman? He was a Jewish major party candidate in 2004, lost the primary, and then became the VP nominee.

the fact that the bernie bros continue to push the phrase "stan" might be enough to change my vote to howard schultz

I am perplexed by how people can become so vehemently supportive of any candidate at this point. I barely know anything about any of them except Bernie and Warren. Democrats need to be wary of falling too deeply in love with any single candidate or hating on any single candidate because all but one are going to lose the primary.

yeah- i don't get the fighting for the sake of fighting. What the fuck difference do policy positions mean at this point? The chances that a democratic nominee won't support a popular policy position among democrats is pretty remote.

I get it from a theoretical perspective. But if you want progressive policies, get enough people into the house and senate to pass the laws.

Otherwise, trying to differentiate the Mayor from Bernie from Elizabeth Warren from Kamala Harris is stupid at this point.

When people say compare Bernie to Trump, it's usually for stuff like this. I feel about Bernie's trade awfulness like MHB feels about Kamela's policing stuff. I can't get past it*

Will some of you please post more screenshots of your Facebook feeds like Ph ? Super interesting.

Only if the Facebook screenshots are accompanied by anecdotes from the local county Dem party gathering.

When people say compare Bernie to Trump, it's usually for stuff like this. I feel about Bernie's trade awfulness like MHB feels about Kamela's policing stuff. I can't get past it*

Many of Bernie’s most outlandish policies have no chance of getting through even a Progressive Congress. So what is President Bernie going to do? Veto legislation that doesn’t go far enough? If Bernie had shown the ability to build coalitions in the Senate, I would be more confident he could do it as President.

Many of Bernie’s most outlandish policies have no chance of getting through even a Progressive Congress. So what is President Bernie going to do? Veto legislation that doesn’t go far enough? If Bernie had shown the ability to build coalitions in the Senate, I would be more confident he could do it as President.

IDK, Trump has been successful pushing radically progressive fair trade policies in a republican controlled house and senate. I would have to believe Sanders will be effective pushing something similar through a leftist congress.

strong opening salvo here

Truth is stranger than fiction, and this is no truer than with the current presidential elections, where the Democrats are putting forth candidates that clearly cannot with.

I watched (most of) Buttigieg's kickoff speech. I had prepared myself for the primaries to be terrible, so I get a bit of joy out of the happy intros. Buttigieg talking about what he would tell his 17 year old self was a highlight.

I gotta say, that was a large crowd of white people.

I'd love to know why the Sanders' campaign felt the need to kick the 2016 hornets' nest yesterday morning.

Back