• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

This is a perfect example of why future book odds are about a few bettors and not real chance to win. Yang is a great example of that. A few people (or maybe just one big bet) put money on him and dropped his odds.

Another thing is the pools are so small at this point that the odds can be easily skewed.

Yeah no shit. Money goes to certain places and odds change commensurately.

This is shocking to me. I had essentially written off Ohio as a lost cause. Just one poll, but maybe not?

I don't get why Bernie's campaign isn't giving any info today. All people are asking is how is he doing; where is he and when will he be back.

A stock answer would work well, "Bernie thanks you for all your thoughts, prayers and kind words. He's doing well and resting and will be back on the stump really soon."

I don't get why Bernie's campaign isn't giving any info today. All people are asking is how is he doing; where is he and when will he be back.

A stock answer would work well, "Bernie thanks you for all your thoughts, prayers and kind words. He's doing well and resting and will be back on the stump really soon."

I was referring to people not being able to get answers today.

yeah, but is she electable?

Don't fool yourself. This thing is still going to be close, despite our traitor in chief and his attorney Rudy doing their best to assist the house investigation. Add to that she'll have to win the popular vote by at least 5% in order win narrowly the EC. And if Trump continues to be this unhinged, it's still possible he's impeached and convicted in time for Pubs to run someone like Sasse. And if she does win, all liberal judges over 70 better retire asap in 2021.

And if she does win, all liberal judges over 70 better retire asap in 2021.

Unless the GOP keeps the Senate. If they do, they can still block every federal judicial appointment by Warren if they wish to do so, and given the nature of the current GOP, they probably will. If the Dems retake the Senate, though, then yeah, it's full steam ahead.

Roy Moore lost an Alabama senate race AFTER ADMITTING that he courted a 14-16 year old when he was 32...by < %2. %68 of white voters still thought that was ok. Forgive me if I don't have my hopes up for the presidential election.

And before you say "yeah, but that's Alabama, not the United States", take a long hard look at the current state of the nation.

Last edited:
"when is your press conference announcing you're bowing out for a younger, healthier candidate?"

ah, so i'm guessing he'll take those questions as seriously as Clinton did in 2016

I think he probably should bow out, though, unfortunately. Bernie is a political force to be reckoned with, but he can't do anything when he's dead.

Hillary had heart surgery in the middle of the 2016 campaign?

No, but I'm also pretty sure that few of us and absolutely nobody in the media are qualified to be assessing candidates' physical and psychological health. I'm sure that Sanders is receiving good medical advice and that the voters already have made their minds up.

No, but I'm also pretty sure that few of us and absolutely nobody in the media are qualified to be assessing candidates' physical and psychological health. I'm sure that Sanders is receiving good medical advice and that the voters already have made their minds up.

tenor.gif

Man, this Bernie stuff is nuts. I got the alert about it on my phone, glanced at it, thought to myself "yeah, getting old sucks, but no big deal." I didn't think about it again until I saw this discussion here.

A friend of mine thinks Bernie's people either blew the announcement or it's worse than the official news is letting on. Here are his thoughts:

There may be more going on with the Bernie Sanders than we currently know I suspect. The issue as relayed is not a game ender for bernie, and he has oodles of money and plenty of time to distance this before votes start being cast. But Jeff Weaver is a skilled strategist, and some of the language he used when releasing this news was campaign killing language, language that you would only use if you know the campaign is over. Momentum and staying relevant is critical at this stage and if you are intending to power through and compete you move to immediately contain the damage downplay the situation and project optimism. You do not "suspend until further notice" you pause the campaign appearances temporarily in an abundance of caution under doctors orders but look forward to getting back on the campaign trail in short order. Leaving the issue at an indefinite suspension and no timetable in a somber tone is not the move.

Maybe Jeff Weaver just royally screwed the pooch, but that would surprise me. Absent that, Bernie's campaign is effectively over and theres maybe more to it than the health issue that they described. My two cents.

Back