• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Duke 12:30 November 24 RSN

Looks like Hinton is good to go, which allows him to possibly take some snaps, or at least gives the coaches more leeway to run Newman. Hopefully Clawson finally learns to adjust the pace of play to allow the D more time to rest, and maybe this is the time to gamble a bit on those 4 and shorts, considering this is truly a win or go home game. We know who we are as a team at this point, Sage is a good deep threat, Dortch is good in space, Carney can push the pile up the middle, Bachman is good against one on one coverage.

Make adjustments, play to our strengths, limit our mistakes, maybe Duke comes out flat as they have nothing to play for. Pitt, FSU, Cuse and BC were not better teams, any of those games could have gone the other way. If I am frustrated by that, I am sure the team is as well. Yes, the team has been decimated (actual proper usage) by injuries, there is still enough to play for on Saturday.

Good post. Sums up my thoughts exactly.

Not sure how many more would attend if Saturday's weather was perfect, but the rain gives Duke a lame excuse for an empty Wallace Wade on Saturday.

I think I shall attend. Went to @State game and skipped Pitt game

You need to go. We need and will take all the help we can get.
We really, really need a win here.

From 247Sports, Les Johns, etc.:

Phil Haynes: “That we have to play with consistency. We can beat anybody. They just won the Coastal, but we should have won that game. If we’d played the second half like we won the first half, we would have won that game. I felt like some of the guys need to realize we need consistency through the entire game.”

Is there any chance Wake could finish 6-6 and not get selected for any bowl?

I wouldn't think so. There are several non-power 5 teams that have six wins that wake would be selected ahead of

I may be wrong, but I don't see Dortch declaring after this season. Rice, Tulane and Louisville are the only times he broke a 100 yards. He is 23rd in yards and 50th in TDs. He is also only 170 lbs right now, I think he would be the smallest WR in the NFL. Would he be drafted in the top 4 rounds? Probably not. While it is unlikely he will get much taller, another year or two would allow him to bulk up, and show consistent numbers against top tier talent.

May be wishful thinking though.

I think Dortch is gone. Most of those factors you mentioned is also why he might leave. Since he is small, might as well risk injury while getting paid.

I think Dorth is a Tyreek Hill-lite. Curtis Samuel and Cole Beasley also come to mind and they are doing pretty well in the league with similar skillsets.

ACC bowl tie-ins help here as well. Bowls with conference ties are obligated to take conference teams before looking at others.

I think Dortch is gone. Most of those factors you mentioned is also why he might leave. Since he is small, might as well risk injury while getting paid.

I think Dorth is a Tyreek Hill-lite. Curtis Samuel and Cole Beasley also come to mind and they are doing pretty well in the league with similar skillsets.

Agreed. He’s shown what he can do.

Wherever he is next year I will be so pumped to watch him.

Even at 5-7, considering the strength of schedule (losses to Notre Dame & Clemson both in playoff) would that move us up in the pecking order or not? We've played 8 teams ranked in top 25 at some point this season.

We have tickets but I don't think I am going to sit in the rain to watch this one... Hope we win!

Back