• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Duke 12:30 November 24 RSN

Even at 5-7, considering the strength of schedule (losses to Notre Dame & Clemson both in playoff) would that move us up in the pecking order or not? We've played 8 teams ranked in top 25 at some point this season.

strength of schedule is irrelevant; 5-7 teams are selected in order of the Academic Progress Rates

I think Dortch is gone. Most of those factors you mentioned is also why he might leave. Since he is small, might as well risk injury while getting paid.

I think Dorth is a Tyreek Hill-lite. Curtis Samuel and Cole Beasley also come to mind and they are doing pretty well in the league with similar skillsets.

Antonio Brown was a 6th rounder and Tyreek Hill was a 5th round pick. Maybe that’s the peak for players of that size. Hill had some off field issues.

Even at 5-7, considering the strength of schedule (losses to Notre Dame & Clemson both in playoff) would that move us up in the pecking order or not? We've played 8 teams ranked in top 25 at some point this season.

No. 5 win teams only get in after all the 6 win teams are in bowls. 5 win teams are selected based on APR.

Agreed. He’s shown what he can do.

Wherever he is next year I will be so pumped to watch him.

The NFL draft advisory board will give a player one of three grades: first round, second round or neither. Thats it. Now, it is up to the player to request a grade from the advisory board, and whether or not to listen to them, but I don't see Dortch getting a first or second round grade. Most of the smaller WRs people have mentioned had several years more productive than Dortch, with Tyreek Hill being a clear exception. Trindon Holliday may be a closer comparison, and even his return numbers were much greater. Ryan Switzer played 4 years and only in his senior year did his receiving number's match Dortch's receiving, but did have several more punt return TDs.

The injury thing could be the big decider. Just seems like a big gamble to declare so early, maybe he is a 6th or 7th round option right now, and could that change next year, it will depend.

The NFL draft advisory board will give a player one of three grades: first round, second round or neither. Thats it. Now, it is up to the player to request a grade from the advisory board, and whether or not to listen to them, but I don't see Dortch getting a first or second round grade. Most of the smaller WRs people have mentioned had several years more productive than Dortch, with Tyreek Hill being a clear exception. Trindon Holliday may be a closer comparison, and even his return numbers were much greater. Ryan Switzer played 4 years and only in his senior year did his receiving number's match Dortch's receiving, but did have several more punt return TDs.

The injury thing could be the big decider. Just seems like a big gamble to declare so early, maybe he is a 6th or 7th round option right now, and could that change next year, it will depend.

Wasn’t Holliday also a track star with elite speed though?

Wasn’t Holliday also a track star with elite speed though?

World class speed and lost that epic 60 to Jacoby Ford in college.

Everyone agrees that Jacoby has the fastest NFL speed with the pads on we have ever seen.

Dortch is a special talent. Teams like Clemson and Bama would die to have him. He has a unique ability to make people miss and with the NFL moving to spread philosophies, he will he wanted in 2019.

Honestly, it would be questionable for him not to leave.

Dortch is a special talent. Teams like Clemson and Bama would die to have him. He has a unique ability to make people miss and with the NFL moving to spread philosophies, he will he wanted in 2019.

Does every thought need to be expressed?

I absolutely love Dortch and what he has done here but this is a huge stretch. Alabama has a true freshman, Jaylen Waddle, that is essentially Dortch on steroids.

Everyone agrees coach won’t tell us whose hurt and whose not and when Hinton doesn’t play in a game like this where it could mean the difference in winning and losing we won’t know if it’s coaches (bad) decision or injury or something else.

If asked coach will say something like wouldn’t Duke like to know if Hinton can go and where he would line up and so on.

Gets old.

I would love to see a run focused attack today with Cade and the young speedster. Hope Matt Colburn can play and move up the record books to number 4 RB all time

Everyone agrees coach won’t tell us whose hurt and whose not and when Hinton doesn’t play in a game like this where it could mean the difference in winning and losing we won’t know if it’s coaches (bad) decision or injury or something else.

If asked coach will say something like wouldn’t Duke like to know if Hinton can go and where he would line up and so on.

Gets old.

Will say the kid had a great attitude never complained team player but he won’t explain why he doesn’t let him play.

Sad.

I bet Hinton plays a fair amount at QB today.......and does well at it.

Back