• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Moscow Mitch Says

I know it may be over-generalizing the question, but why are people so upset with how Twitter bans people? Even if it was every single conservative and only because theyre conservative, its a publically traded business. If conservatives want to host their own little online chat and ban liberals, they can knock themselves out.

The only thing conservatives can be mad about is the fact that the government has interfered at all in the matter.

Last edited:
I know it may be over-generalizing the question, but why are people so upset with how Twitter bans people? Even if it was every single conservative and only because theyre conservative, its a publically traded business. If conservatives want to host their own little online chat and ban liberals, they can knock themselves out.

The only thing conservatives can be mad about is the fact that the government has interfered at all in the matter.

I think Moscow Mitch deserves all of the criticism he is receiving for being an obstructionist and not allowing votes on bills that the vast majority of American’s would agree with, but I think the argument is that Twitter claims that they aren’t a publisher, thus they aren’t responsible for the editorial content on their site. In Twitter’s view, their site is just a virtual town square open to all ideas and speech.

So, the free market claim that twitter should be able to ban or promote any speech they like is correct, except for the opposite argument that the company itself makes saying they aren’t a publisher.

I think it plays into the "whole world is against us" victimhood mantra that so many conservatives have adopted, and gives them the righteous feeling that poor right-wingers like them are just heroic rebels taking on the big, bad Liberal Galactic Empire.

I think the only offensive part is the word midget. Should have gone with "dwarf", Sig.

You’re better than that. Don’t let your political views blind you from a completely tactless comment.

Lot of weird double standard racism towards Asians on this board. Some of y’all would’ve loved my grandpa. Fought in the Pacific theater. Had all sorts of fun ideas about Asian folks. There’s obviously so much shit to give Catamount shit about; why would you ever have to lower yourself to comments on his ethnicity.

Team Mitch Twitter account suspended

"This morning, Twitter locked our account for posting the video of real-world, violent threats made against Mitch McConnell. This is a problem with the speech police in America today," McConnell campaign manager Kevin Golden told the Courier Journal. "The Lexington Herald-Leader can attack Mitch with cartoon tombstones of his opponents. But we can’t mock it.

That hurt my brain.

Lot of weird double standard racism towards Asians on this board. Some of y’all would’ve loved my grandpa. Fought in the Pacific theater. Had all sorts of fun ideas about Asian folks. There’s obviously so much shit to give Catamount shit about; why would you ever have to lower yourself to comments on his ethnicity.

I think it's more about catamount than Asians. Still a shitty comment. Do better, sig.

You’re better than that. Don’t let your political views blind you from a completely tactless comment.

Oh, it was a mean and tactless comment sure, but I’d argue it wasn’t racist...though I was un aware of the “Asians are short” stereotype. I guess I grew up pretty sheltered; my best friend from high school is a 6’2” Korean guy. Anyway, I apologize to Catamount for being insensitive; it was a bad attempt to reference Moonz calling everyone a dwarf.

Oh, it was a mean and tactless comment sure, but I’d argue it wasn’t racist...though I was un aware of the “Asians are short” stereotype. I guess I grew up pretty sheltered; my best friend from high school is a 6’2” Korean guy. Anyway, I apologize to Catamount for being insensitive; it was a bad attempt to reference Moonz calling everyone a dwarf.

Fair enough. I’m just trying to fill in for Biffs Mod duties while he’s away.

Sig would be incapable of a genuine response like yours.

Biff’s gone? I didn’t know Georgia had even played.

Y’all are going to chase Creamy back to the Republicans.

Creamy said he was cutting off those that are still part of the white nationalist hate group known as the Republican Party, that should include catamount.

lol. You are the perfect illustration of a hypocrite as you label others 'racist fucksticks' while lobbing racial insults yourself.

**Countdown to milhouse rushing to the aid of Sig in 3...2...1**

I would be, if, you know, I actually lobbed a racial insult.

Keep hope alive, Brad. Maybe the next time will be the "GOTCHA" that actually sticks for you.

Brad, still waiting for your response on the gun thread where you hit and run with incorrect “facts”

Back