• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Moscow Mitch Says

DeaconSig? More like DeaconSi(e)gHeil, am I right? Haha....aha....ha.

I’ll be here all week #rjjokes

Creamy said he was cutting off those that are still part of the white nationalist hate group known as the Republican Party, that should include catamount.

I haven't followed Catamounts posts too closely but if he's pumping up white nationalist hate groups then I denounce it. I haven't seen it posted here. Knowing him personally, I know for a fact he isn't a racist but most likely gets bored at work, like a lot of us, and enjoys playing devils advocate with you guys.

Pretty funny. Anybody who is not a leftist here is labeled a "white nationalist". I have been pretty open about supporting Mayor Pete/Biden/Kamala on here.

I haven't followed Catamounts posts too closely but if he's pumping up white nationalist hate groups then I denounce it. I haven't seen it posted here. Knowing him personally, I know for a fact he isn't a racist but most likely gets bored at work, like a lot of us, and enjoys playing devils advocate with you guys.

Defending the Proud Boys and their supporters is a hell of a devils advocate

Pretty funny. Anybody who is not a leftist here is labeled a "white nationalist". I have been pretty open about supporting Mayor Pete/Biden/Kamala on here.

That’s not it, it’s not because you are not a leftist....it’s because you are so quick to defend some of Trump’s bullshit that some people think you are defending and therefore supporting a white nationalist. You’re not a white nationalist, but you are defending a guy who has a soft spot for white nationalists. It’s a transitive thing.

I have a dude in my family who considers himself a Nationalist because he's strongly against illegal immigration and the far lefts rhetoric labeling everyone a racist who doesn't want open borders. He's also a capitalist through and through. He put himself through college by earning scholarships and working 2 jobs because he was born dirt poor. He's on the older side of millennial. He supports legal immigration, he is highly educated, he just happens to have some right wing views.

He also just supplied an entire school with books for underprivileged kids, he spends 2 nights a week serving his community at the soup kitchen, he works his ass off to support his family and has never viewed someone with different skin color as lesser than him.

Do you guys hate him because he has slightly different views than you? I would go out on a limb that he donates more of his time and money than 95% of these boards.

Didn’t you get all riled up about the fake milkshakes with concrete story at a proud-boys rally in Oregon?

The "fake milkshake" story was reported by Oregon police. Criticizing Antifa is not supporting the Proud Boys.

I have a dude in my family who considers himself a Nationalist because he's strongly against illegal immigration and the far lefts rhetoric labeling everyone a racist who doesn't want open borders. He's also a capitalist through and through. He put himself through college by earning scholarships and working 2 jobs because he was born dirt poor. He's on the older side of millennial. He support legal immigration, he is highly educated, he just happens to have some right wing views.

He also just supplied an entire school with books for underprivileged kids, he spends 2 nights a week serving his community at the soup kitchen, he works his ass off the support his family and has never viewed someone with different skin color as lesser than him.

Do you guys hate him because he has slightly different views than you? I would go out on a limb that he donates more of his time and money than 95% of these boards.

No I don’t hate him, but the bolder is a microcosm if most of the issues I have with conservatives. It’s an untrue characterization of what 99.9% of liberals believe and you have to get to the way far out super extreme left to find people who seriously advocate for open borders. He’s not a racist, he just is incorrect in how he views that specific issue. Whether that’s Fox News indoctrination, lack of understanding of actual immigration issues, or something else doesn’t really matter. You can’t have a real debate about an issue when one party constantly comes to the table ignorant or in bad faith.

And that’s great that he volunteers his time and money to help underprivileged people. He should be proud of that. Doesn’t really mean much as it pertains to this thread/conversation though.

And what I mean by explaining the bold is that the “far left” is basically any Democrat nowadays to conservatives.

I have a dude in my family who considers himself a Nationalist because he's strongly against illegal immigration and the far lefts rhetoric labeling everyone a racist who doesn't want open borders. He's also a capitalist through and through. He put himself through college by earning scholarships and working 2 jobs because he was born dirt poor. He's on the older side of millennial. He supports legal immigration, he is highly educated, he just happens to have some right wing views.

He also just supplied an entire school with books for underprivileged kids, he spends 2 nights a week serving his community at the soup kitchen, he works his ass off to support his family and has never viewed someone with different skin color as lesser than him.

Sorry, if you are a nationalist, you are white nationalist. There is no middle ground only a feeble attempt to justify his position.

No sane person wants totally open borders. It is certainly not a position of the DNC or its leadership. Using this lie is the same as Africaaners in apartheid South Africa telling anyone who would listen how "well" they treated blacks in their country. It's every bit as racist as they were.

Trying to promote this BS is simply a way to avoid saying, "I don't want any more black or brown people becoming Americans."

The people I encounter who truly support open borders are libertarians. Also it's a little hypocritical to be pro-globalization and free trade (like the right used to be, correctly) and anti-immigration.

And what I mean by explaining the bold is that the “far left” is basically any Democrat nowadays to conservatives.

IMO, the "gives to charity and does great things for people individually" isn't much different from the "I have a black/brown friend at work, so I can't be a racist" line. I know several conservatives who are nice people personally, and donate to charities or help the needy who come by their church asking for help and all that. It's not to be discounted, but what most conservatives refuse to recognize, imo, is that individual acts of charity don't necessarily make up for supporting uncharitable political leaders and policies that actively harm large numbers of people. Cutting the social safety net, restricting various rights of people not like you, is more important in many ways than whether you're willing to give some money or private assistance to individuals. Hubert Humphrey near the end of his life said that "The moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children, those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly, and those who are in the shadows of life - the sick, the needy, and the handicapped." Helping some people on an individual level means a good deal less if you also support policies and leaders who harm much larger numbers of people on a greater scale, imo.

There's some validity to this but I'd argue this view is no different than the view that you bolded in my post. The extremists on both sides seem to be the only voices heard, which mucks up most all logical, respectful political debates. A large portion of our country gets their news from Fox and CNN, which is the root of a lot of what we are talking about. Flip on Fox and all you hear is "radical left"...flip on CNN and all you hear is "white nationalists"...The LCD's latch on to every word that they perceive to fit their "parties" narrative and you have a bunch of partisan hacks who are unable to think for themselves.

It's hard to gauge the percentage of true moderates in current times because most of their/our voices aren't heard.

Back