• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Moscow Mitch Says

And there were Jews who were collaborators with the Nazis.

Does changing the name from white supremacist to Alt Right change what and who they are?

I was obviously joking with that post.

How am I a nationalist? I am a capitalist/globalist. Personally and for obvious reasons I am pro immigration and would like to see that processed streamlined.

You're a nationalist because you're a capitalist, which means you support systemic racism...gotta catch up, dude.

Most people think of themselves as good people and most people don’t do overtly racist things so their thoughts remain in the shadows pulling at their actions at large. Additionally because everyone thinks of themselves as a good person they can hold many thoughts that are in juxtaposition to their community behavior because those thoughts pertain to people and groups that they don’t know. So you can have your black friends in the neighborhood, your gay friend, volunteer to help the poor, really like the Hispanic guy that works at your favorite restaurant then turn around and support policies that counteract all that because in your mind those are good people so it won’t harm any of those people it will be people you don’t know, the bad ones. Then you wake up one day and your black friend was shot by a cop while holding a candy bar, your gay friend can’t get married, the poor family you were helping has moved because their food stamps are being cut, and the Hispanic guy has been deported.

Way to disregard my overall point that our policies aren't as black and white as everyone here likes to make them. There are many, many black people who consider themselves capitalist. Are you saying that they're racist?

He’s making a crucial point that you need to address. Right now, what you’re describing falls into the parameters of the famous Lee Atwater quote.

You need to acknowledge those politics are a problem before moving on. Right now, it seems like you’re saying there’s no difference between a white nationalist and a black nationalist or between a white capitalist and a black capitalist as if white and black people have had the same experience in this nation and economy.

Most people think of themselves as good people and most people don’t do overtly racist things so their thoughts remain in the shadows pulling at their actions at large. Additionally because everyone thinks of themselves as a good person they can hold many thoughts that are in juxtaposition to their community behavior because those thoughts pertain to people and groups that they don’t know. So you can have your black friends in the neighborhood, your gay friend, volunteer to help the poor, really like the Hispanic guy that works at your favorite restaurant then turn around and support policies that counteract all that because in your mind those are good people so it won’t harm any of those people it will be people you don’t know, the bad ones. Then you wake up one day and your black friend was shot by a cop while holding a candy bar, your gay friend can’t get married, the poor family you were helping has moved because their food stamps are being cut, and the Hispanic guy has been deported.

I can get behind this post. Well thought out and entertains that good people, who bring great value to many organizations and individuals can unintentionally bring about negative repercussions. You were able to post this without calling anyone a racist...good job.

He’s making a crucial point that you need to address. Right now, what you’re describing falls into the parameters of the famous Lee Atwater quote.

You need to acknowledge those politics are a problem before moving on. Right now, it seems like you’re saying there’s no difference between a white nationalist and a black nationalist or between a white capitalist and a black capitalist as if white and black people have had the same experience in this nation and economy.

Nope. Not getting any discourse going with you. Not worth my time. This is the only post you'll get from me acknowledging you.

Nope. Not getting any discourse going with you. Not worth my time. This is the only post you'll get from me acknowledging you.

I’m interested in your answer, though. Would you discourse with me, Creamy?

Good luck with that one

And I did address it...but don't let truth get in your way...

What's staggering is your disdain for me makes it impossible for you to agree with a point that you agree with because I said it. This is truly sad...

How am I a nationalist? I am a capitalist/globalist. Personally and for obvious reasons I am pro immigration and would like to see that process streamlined.

i have no idea. just hitting the softball creamy threw up there.

And I did address it...but don't let truth get in your way...

What's staggering is your disdain for me makes it impossible for you to agree with a point that you agree with because I said it. This is truly sad...

it's more that he's read thousands and thousands and thousands of your posts, so he has a pretty good idea what you're like

Way to disregard my overall point that our policies aren't as black and white as everyone here likes to make them. There are many, many black people who consider themselves capitalist. Are you saying that they're racist?

Another example: if you favor increased policing for drug possession without addressing existing problems with how this policing occurs, you may not be considering any racial implications whatsoever but that doesn’t change the fact that the policies you advocate are negatively impacting people of color.

Taken in tandem with a variety of other positions which also disproportionately impact people of color, at what point does “im not a racist because I get along with black people” fail as a defense?

I’ve long said an issue we have a fundamental rhetorical problem with race where people are using different definitions for the same term. The older school of thought seems to be that you aren’t a racist unless you’re openly antagonistic towards people of color, don’t want to go to school with people of color, and use the n word.

This touches on a conscious version of racism and is a major contributor to why we as a society have difficulty addressing systemic racism in America. In many cases it is a more passive form because of how entrenched it has become (when compared to the above kind) but has been facilitated over time by either ignoring the disproportionate effects that policies have on people of color or by ignoring the original intent of such policies - look no further than the war on drugs as promoted by Reagan for an example where both are true.

Finally, a lot of people on the left view racism not merely as “I consciously dislike black people” but as a prejudice - conscious or other - plus power. That’s why many say that people of color cannot be “racist” because they don’t have the accompanying power requirement.

I think that we have failed from a rhetorical vantage point to find common ground on these concepts.

TLDR; I don’t think that being a capitalist makes you racist. I do think there is a point though where someone supports so many policies that discriminate against people of color that it is difficult to credible state “well I have a black friend and no conscious animosity so I’m obviously not a racist.”

At the end of the day I think it matters to a certain degree what someone’s personal views are regarding “racism” but that if the outcome of your advocated policies align with someone who is openly a white supremacist then the difference is one without real distinction.

Sure - shoot me some PM’s. I’m in and out of pocket rest of day but I’ll be able to get back to you at some point

That’s fucked up, Creamy. I’m not sure how openly ignoring the only black person in the conversation helps your point.

Right, but what everyone here has failed to even entertain is that maybe this person doesn't have inherent racist views. Country first = you're racist. believe in capitalism = you're racist ... Want to give back to community = all optics and selfish motives...

Did I get that right? You guys are something else.

Not what I said. I said it was irrelevant, largely for the same reasons numbers articulated very well.

That’s fucked up, Creamy. I’m not sure how openly ignoring the only black person in the conversation helps your point.

a bunch of people just told him it was gross pandering to say he has a friend that's a black guy. so why bother?

Back