• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Moscow Mitch Says

it's more that he's read thousands and thousands and thousands of your posts, so he has a pretty good idea what you're like

has anybody analyzed the degree of similarity across RJ posts?

"don't let truth get in your way" has to be in at least 1000 posts

i demand OGB data analytics

Like most of my views, I fully understand that the people you described above exist, AS WELL as those who don't make racist jokes and don't use subtly racist "I have a black friend" comments. My problem with labeling certain people in groups is there are typically a lot of overlooked gray areas that are filled with wonderful citizens who sadly get lumped into the category you're talking about. Is that fair?

To some extent it's fair, yes, as I'm sure there are some "wonderful people" out there who aren't consciously or deliberately racist, or motivated by racial factors, although based on many years of personal experience I'd say that the number is smaller than you seem to believe. IMO, racism and bigotry in various forms is far more pervasive in our society than many would like to admit, and I've grown rather cynical with increasing age and experience as to the numbers of true-blue conservatives who support their agenda based on purely ideological or objective motives, rather than personal and social/cultural/racial ones. At any rate, I don't totally disagree with your point, and I'll leave at that.

Last edited:
has anybody analyzed the degree of similarity across RJ posts?

"don't let truth get in your way" has to be in at least 1000 posts

i demand OGB data analytics

Wait........has he been a bot this whole time?

1j1pyb.jpg

No beard, no cheesy polyester ties and never a short sleeve shirt with a tie. And still don't have a receding hairline.

McConnell already backing down from the gun legislation in September calling it "theatrics."

If the pressure on McConnell to pass some kind of gun-control bill continues, maybe he'll get Lindsey Graham to bring his AR-15 onto the Senate floor and give one of his angry/crying drama queen tantrums on how he needs an AR-15 to protect himself in case a hurricane hits. That'll show em!

So the solution to election interference is calling Mitch McConnell. Way to step up, Republicans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/22/opinion/mitch-mcconnell-senate-filibuster.html

I love Moscow Mitch's argument. Democrats trample the Senate rules and precedents. Republicans with integrity vote against these changes on principle.

What's the logical next step for these noble Republicans? Restore integrity to the Senate?

No. The logical step is to trample the rules and precedents further!

The most obstructionist Senate majority leader ever claims he blocked "a handful" of Obama nominations.

He claims that the beauty of the Senate lies in that it is a deliberative body while blocking bills from being debated.

He claims to oppose increases in his own power, while relishing in the fact that he gets to decide what the Senate votes on.

"Republicans will not vandalize tradition" while blocking votes on Supreme Court nominations.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/22/opinion/mitch-mcconnell-senate-filibuster.html

I love Moscow Mitch's argument. Democrats trample the Senate rules and precedents. Republicans with integrity vote against these changes on principle.

What's the logical next step for these noble Republicans? Restore integrity to the Senate?

No. The logical step is to trample the rules and precedents further!

The most obstructionist Senate majority leader ever claims he blocked "a handful" of Obama nominations.

He claims that the beauty of the Senate lies in that it is a deliberative body while blocking bills from being debated.

He claims to oppose increases in his own power, while relishing in the fact that he gets to decide what the Senate votes on.

"Republicans will not vandalize tradition" while blocking votes on Supreme Court nominations.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

The entire GOP playbook seems to have become: do or say or tweet something outrageous or offensive or corrupt, then blame it all on the Democrats. No matter what they do, it's never their fault, and they never take responsibility. It's always the evil LibDems who started it, or who are behind it, or who are the cause, no matter what the actual evidence says.

The entire GOP playbook seems to have become: do or say or tweet something outrageous or offensive or corrupt, then blame it all on the Democrats. No matter what they do, it's never their fault, and they never take responsibility. It's always the evil LibDems who started it, or who are behind it, or who are the cause, no matter what the actual evidence says.

And it works because Republicans believe it and media outlets report it.

And it works because Republicans believe it and media outlets report it.

Question for those a bit older. Has conservative media always been like this? My memory of this stuff begins with Rush Limbaugh and the GOP takeover with Newt Gingrich. Fox News came along and then this stuff just blossomed.

Back