• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Moscow Mitch Says

The press in America is shit.

This is the big problem. They are not interested in accountability. They’d rather talk about emails or McKinsey than real issues of salvaging our democracy.

IMO, no Democrat is going to sign on to cutting Social Security and Medicare. They'd be gutted by their own party and older Republicans alike if they did so. I don't think even the GOP will openly touch it, as that's one of the few things that would raise significant opposition from their senior citizen base. I've heard plenty of older Republicans say over the years that not even the GOP will touch those two programs. I think they're grossly naive to believe that Republicans wouldn't love to cut or privatize both programs (Paul Ryan certainly did), but even the GOP high command knows they can't do it openly. There's no doubt that any Democratic POTUS who tried to work with Congressional Republicans to do that would be attacked by both parties, while Congressional Republicans like Mitch would get off with no blame, probably. That's why Mitch likes that idea - he and his fellow right-wingers get what they want, and the Democrats get all the blame. Like NAFTA.

If Putin's 'pubs could have done it alone and blame the Democrats they would have done it before 2018 when they controlled everything.

Michael Lewis's book The Fifth Risk focused on the work the Obama administration did to prepare the Trump administration about the challenges they might have to deal with. The Trump folks weren't interested in hearing it.

Michael Lewis's book The Fifth Risk focused on the work the Obama administration did to prepare the Trump administration about the challenges they might have to deal with. The Trump folks weren't interested in hearing it.

Pansy liberals always worried about whimpy threats you can't even see! The real threats are the Mexicans and taxes.

Is that McConnell on The Real News, Trump's facebook "News" program? I remember being told that Trump wasn't the leader of the Republican party.

They even made it 69 pages in an effort to grab trumps attention.

Why Dems don't destroy Mitch is beyond me. There is plenty of material. They are too weak to do what is necessary.

This is the big problem. They are not interested in accountability. They’d rather talk about emails or McKinsey than real issues of salvaging our democracy.

I missed this the first time. Christ, Ph. This election cycle really did a number on you.

Of course not. If Obama had anything to do with it, they weren't going to touch it. One thing the Trump administration has actually been diligent about is undoing or trying to destroy everything that Obama accomplished during his two terms, including Obamacare. Whether the Obama initiatives were sound or a good idea didn't matter. If it was associated with Obama, it had to go.

I missed this the first time. Christ, Ph. This election cycle really did a number on you.

Says the guy bringing up a 6 month old post during a discussion of Mitch's lies.

I remember about 8 years ago when Republicans said a President shouldn't be blaming the former President for his own problems. Funny how things change. Bush left Obama the Great Recession and high unemployment. Obama left Trump a growing economy, low unemployment, and pandemic preparedness. Trump squandered all of it.

Back