• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiger vs. Phil

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
Keep seeing commercials for their upcoming match. Does anybody really give a crap? I couldn't care less and I'm a golf guy. Just can't imagine there being much interest in it, but I could be wrong.

Keep seeing commercials for their upcoming match. Does anybody really give a crap? I couldn't care less and I'm a golf guy. Just can't imagine there being much interest in it, but I could be wrong.

I was pumped about it when the news broke, but after hearing all the details I became very much disinterested. And I'm a big fat Phil guy.

It will be a private event with no patrons. It isn't their money at stake. And it's on PPV for like $19.99. I'm probably forgetting other things, but yeah...OUT!

10 years ago - perhaps... now - don't care at all. The worst part will be the phony forced smack talk and betting games between the two. This event has cheesy written all over it. Can't believe it is pay per view.

I was pumped about it when the news broke, but after hearing all the details I became very much disinterested. And I'm a big fat Phil guy.

It will be a private event with no patrons. It isn't their money at stake. And it's on PPV for like $19.99. I'm probably forgetting other things, but yeah...OUT!

No gallery, didn't know that. I would think that would be one of the things that would make a match like that more entertaining is their interaction with the gallery. I bet the PPV numbers for it will absolutely suck.

Would only be interesting if the stakes were really high. Loser has to have a limb of his choice chopped off or loser has to give every penny of his net worth to the winner.

That I would watch.

Would rather watch a soccer game than this cheese fest

I was excited when it first came out but admit my interest has faded as well. I am a Phil fan but he's not a lot of fun to watch lately.

They should have played for their own cash, or at least made it look like they were staking the money. Now it just seems like a shells wonderful world of golf match from the 60's, except you have to pay $20 to see it - no thx.

I’m a big Tiger fan boy, and I couldn’t give a single fuck about this.

For $20 after Thanksgiving? Yeah, definitely. There should be some decent side bets, I would think.

Golf is boring enough with 100 guys playing, just two is going to be brutal. I don't care how many side bets they toss out. And this is coming from about as big a fan of golf as you'll find anywhere...

Get 8 guys, have them put up their own money, throw in a fun format and full mic's on everyone... Maybe then it'd be worth it.

Since there are only two players, the worst part will be listening to the fill as they walk 300 yards to there drives. I’m sure there will be a ton of footage of their past highlights/lowlights.

It's an exhibition. I would lay good money right now that they go to 18 tied.

Back