• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LL Bean Boots

zqglass

Reaction score
I've had two different pair of winter boots crack on me over the past week (Born, and North Face), and I'm looking at trying out LL Bean Boots for the first time. I've heard the sizing is weird but other than that they are comfortable and durable. I was wondering if anyone on here knows what size I should order, I usually wear an 11 to an 11 1/2.

Last edited:
I wear a 10.5 normally and my LLBs are a 10. They’re too big. If I double up on socks they’re alright but any normal pair of leave quite a bit of space. I ordered last year right before a trip to Ireland and they delivered about 4 hours before we left for the airport. So it was these or nothing at the time. Still conformtable. I’d go at least a full size down

I've had two different pair of winter boots crack on me over the past week (Born, and North Face), and I'm looking at trying out LL Bean Boots for the first time. I've heard the sizing is weird but other than that they are comfortable and durable. I was wondering if anyone on here knows what size I should order, I usually wear an 11 to an 11 1/2.

I'm currently wearing the ones i received as a gift 20 years ago. I have the ones lined with flannel. They seem to run large, probably to accommodate heavy socks. Though I'm not sure if 2018 sizing is similar to 90's.

I have a pair of the snow boots that I bought last year, and they are very roomy (especially in width). Order at least a half size down. They are great boots and I love pretty much every product I've ever ordered from LLB, but it seems the boots are still designed for the old days when people wore 2+ pairs of wool socks instead of one pair of modern hi-performance socks.

Not that you want to hear this, but 25% off deal ended Tuesday.

I normally wear a 13 and am currently currently wearing my LL bean boots....they are either a 11 or 11.5 (the sizing stamp has worn off)
I remember getting them a few years ago and 12 was way too big. They are the slip on ankle high duck shoes, so i typically wear thin/normal socks with them, but could wear thick socks if i wanted too

they used to have a real good return policy. bought a coat from them that was way too big.

returned it with no hassle from them and they sent me the smaller size.

have a pair of shoes from them but they don't fit that well.

They had to end their lifetime satisfaction guarantee thing because assholes were scrounging yard sales and Goodwill stores for LL Bean stuff and sending it in for a refund, or just sending in stuff they broke. Now it's a one-year no questions asked money back return policy with proof of purchase required, which is still pretty good.

I have an LL Bean ski parka that my parents gave me when I was a senior in high school (I'm 42). Thing is completely bomb proof and I wear it every year. The velcro started wearing off one arm and I called and asked if they'd fix it, and they said sure just get a local seamstress to fix it and send in the receipt and we'll send you a check. Turned out it only cost 3 bucks to fix so I didn't bother.

I would suggest starting with a size 11 and buying a pair of LL Bean boot socks. They are $20 and worth every penny, but they are super thick and the sock+boot combo is absolutely killer. If it doesn't fit with that sock on, exchange for a different size.

Back