• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official House Democrats thread (Pelosi #undefeated)

giphy.gif

Don't know this Fudge lady. Barbara Lee all day.

There are several female newly elected Dem women who ran on not supporting Pelosi.

I don’t really see the problem. We know people from a variety of backgrounds have issues with Pelosi. The “white guys” at the lead have been around for awhile making this case. They realize the optics would be bad to just take over and that they need to build a coalition so they’re reaching out to other people.

I do think it’s ridiculous to claim sexism is the problem after all these new women got elected. Sexism is a problem but Hillary and Pelosi are problems as well. They are the establishment.

Bottom line, whoever is speaker the republicans will demonize and put them in same boat as Pelosi, May as well keep same one if she has the votes. Remember how they treated Dascle(sp) when he was Senate Majority leader. Sadly, for a party without ideas or morals that is all Republicans know.

I am no fan of Pelosi, but Republicans hate and demonize her already. Let her take the heat from the Right, she has endured it for decades. It will allow some of the young Dems to get their feet wet before Fox tells the Republicans to anoint them as the new spawn of satan.

I don't like this sentiment. If Pelosi is so effective why can't she, for the good of the party and the country, step aside now and help the new leader learn the ropes. 95% of what the Dems pass in the next two years is going to get killed in the Senate or vetoed so it's not like the Dems need some seasoned legislator to navigate the complicated waters of passing controversial bi-partisan bills. The Pubs are all about owning and vilifying the Libs and don't care if their policy ideas are any good.

I'm beginning to think the best option would be for Pelosi to win speaker and then announce her resignation before the primaries.

The biggest problem facing democrats is there is almost no leadership under the age of 70. Pelosi, Hoyer and Clyburn are all in their 70s. Crowley is 56, but not somebody likely to ascend.

Its insane.

The biggest problem facing democrats is there is almost no leadership under the age of 70. Pelosi, Hoyer and Clyburn are all in their 70s. Crowley is 56, but not somebody likely to ascend.

Its insane.

This is the biggest problem. And they've shown no desire or ability to grow a bench, so it's hard to imagine they're going to let the new talent shine.

Back