• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Cal State Fullerton Titans - 11 AM Friday Morning ESPN Networks

Our guards start dribbling past the screen too early - before the pick is set - and don’t “rub shoulders” with the pick setter. One of the simple basketball things that we don’t do.

With Wake's guards, you would think they would learn how to use a pick properly. But it takes patience.

Danny coached 'em up good against the almighty Titans in the 2nd half. :tard:

Yet again we view an entire game with the announcer team saying throughout, "If WF goes inside they can generate some offense" yet Manning continues the "bombs away" offense until, finally, we go inside and convert 6 out of 7 field goals. There is just no coaching, no common sense, no strategy. We just look like an average AAU team on offense. It's more chaos than anything else. Watching St Joe you can see every possession what they want to do. Watching WF you can never figure that out. A young team NEEDS a disciplined patterned offense to help create shots. Sadly, our 'coach' has no clue how to design or implement one.

so we got Monmouth or Valpo Sunday. Monmouth played St. Joe's on the road before this tournament and lost by 15. Also have been blown out by Colgate and Lehigh and beat "Caldwall" by one. Valpo has to "Indianapolis," blew out "Concordia U. of Chicago" and lost by 12 to Western Kentucky. Good news is, neither has a Wang.

I taped the game - any parts worth watching? From looking at my phone here and there, it looked like the first few minutes of the first half were OK. Not going to watch the last 15 or so of the first half though. Any parts of the second half?

I taped the game - any parts worth watching? From looking at my phone here and there, it looked like the first few minutes of the first half were OK. Not going to watch the last 15 or so of the first half though. Any parts of the second half?

The commercials

Last 6 minute of the game minus the last minute are good. Hoard figured out he could post up his guy and we actually went back to a play that worked.

Ummm... nope. Unwatchable between two KP 100+ level teams.

Somebody could build a pretty nice house out of all the bricks put up in the first half.

From the bracket, looks like WF plays the winner of Monmouth/Valpo on Sunday morning at 10:30 am. Valpo is #147; Monmouth is #222.

As for the game and reading everyone's comments, just amazing how miserable this fanbase is.

Fullerton returned essentially everyone from a team that won 20 games last year and made the tournament. They were picked 2nd in the Big West in the pre-season poll: https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/10/18/17996536/big-west-preseason-power-rankings-uc-santa-barbara-leads-a-crowded-field-at-the-top-max-heidegger. They are a #100 to 200 team. Fullerton opened the season at Arizona State, who is predicted to be an NCAA Tourney team, and Fullerton lost in double OT. The line on today's game was WF -2.5. Everyone that predicted a result on this thread projected a loss but ATS (Kudos), yet WF won. When the game was close, everyone predicted an implosion that didn't happen.

WF won an ugly game against a mediocre team. Not great, but also not as atrocious as many here are trying to characterize it.

From the bracket, looks like WF plays the winner of Monmouth/Valpo on Sunday morning at 10:30 am. Valpo is #147; Monmouth is #222.

As for the game and reading everyone's comments, just amazing how miserable this fanbase is.

Fullerton returned essentially everyone from a team that won 20 games last year and made the tournament. They were picked 2nd in the Big West in the pre-season poll: https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/10/18/17996536/big-west-preseason-power-rankings-uc-santa-barbara-leads-a-crowded-field-at-the-top-max-heidegger. They are a #100 to 200 team. Fullerton opened the season at Arizona State, who is predicted to be an NCAA Tourney team, and Fullerton lost in double OT. The line on today's game was WF -2.5. Everyone that predicted a result on this thread projected a loss but ATS (Kudos), yet WF won. When the game was close, everyone predicted an implosion that didn't happen.

WF won an ugly game against a mediocre team. Not great, but also not as atrocious as many here are trying to characterize it.

I'm with you, on my way to roll the quad right now.

The psychological term for what the fanbase is experiencing is called "learned helplessness."

And God knows we've learned it really well over the past decade or so. :(

Well stated. We also played slightly better defense, which is going to be the key if we want good results this year. I'm not optimistic that our defensive effort will continue, but it was good to see in spurts today. Some of it was generated from the zone, which I think Manning would say we were forced into because our bigs all had foul trouble.

Back