• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Cal State Fullerton Titans - 11 AM Friday Morning ESPN Networks

This is a team we should beat soundly.

They want to play up-tempo... They largely play man-to-man, but will be undersized. We should easily out-rebound them and hopefully take advantage of mismatches in our favor (Hoard, Hoard, Hoard).

Get out and run.

Give me the Deacs 84-72. Stays close because of Wake turnovers, but never really in doubt in the 2nd half.

And if it doesn't happen, give me a new coach.

They want to play up-tempo... They largely play man-to-man, but will be undersized. We should easily out-rebound them and hopefully take advantage of mismatches in our favor (Hoard, Hoard, Hoard).

Get out and run.

Give me the Deacs 84-72. Stays close because of Wake turnovers, but never really in doubt in the 2nd half.

When has Manning ever done that? When we face teams like this Manning let's the other team dictate who he plays and we usually go small. He's never taken advantage of any size advantage he's had.

Get out and run.

If Danny wins Wellman will extend his contract. :rulz:

Get out and run.

I agree with your final score, only reverse the teams.

Didn't we win a tournament out in Cali several years ago when we were actually good at basketball and played Fullerton the first or 2nd day? Seems like we may have played UTEP as well in that one.

Didn't we win a tournament out in Cali several years ago when we were actually good at basketball and played Fullerton the first or 2nd day? Seems like we may have played UTEP as well in that one.

Pretty sure that was when Teague put someone on a poster and RJ got some camera time.

Just answered my own question. 2008-2009 season, 25-7 that year https://wakeforestsports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=43

Sure would be nice to get back to those days, even with disappointing losses to Maryland in the ACC tourney and Cleveland State in the big dance. Things have changed a lot in 10 years.

Halftime lead of 6-10 evaporates in the first 4 minutes of the second half and we lose by 2-5.

I predict that Fullerton St will have what will turn out to be one of their three best 3 point shooting performances of the year.

Danny giving the pregame analysis on the radio. It's all "we got to make sure" we do this or don't do this. At this point it's obvious he's incapable of teaching our players how to make sure we do this or don't do that.

I mean I think about any of us on this board could tell you what we need to do and not do to win a basketball game, but we're paying a guy millions of dollars to coach the how and he can't get it done.

Last edited:
Here we are, a decade since we were relevant in the college basketball landscape, hoping we can win a squeaker tomorrow against Cal State Fullerton.:sick: Ron Wellman still has a job despite hiring [Redacted] and somehow against all odds, maybe even hiring someone worse than [Redacted] to replace him. It’s really is depressing when you sit back and let all that sink in.

This. So much this. If Wake falls in a Forest, does anyone hear it? How has this been allowed to continue? A school that generally produces winners in life is also selling this season as a "new beginning" when it's just a fresher and smellier turd from the same place.

Deacs lose by 7 today, 82-75.

Back