• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Danny Manning Campaign

If Wellman resigns or gets canned in March, we won't have time to hire a new AD and then a new coach. If Wellman hasn't announced his retirement by early 2019, we will be stuck with a Wellman hire for 2019-20 or a last minute hire from an AD.

Yeah. The only options for next year are Wellman hires a new coach or Manning is the coach under a new AD.

Wellman has hired 2 coaches whose primary background has been the NBA. That has been the problem.

There are plenty of young coaches who have been coaching college ball in some form or another since the day they graduated from college. That is what we need.

I would be plenty happy with a young guy like Ryan Odom or Wes Miller. Either would come here and I think do well for a long time.

Whoever we go with needs to be a college basketball guy. He also needs to not have 30 million in the bank and be looking for something fun to do for his second career.

Danny's primary background is in the NBA? WTF are you talking about? He started at KU in 2003 and has been in college basketball ever since.

Wellman has hired 2 coaches whose primary background has been the NBA. That has been the problem.

There are plenty of young coaches who have been coaching college ball in some form or another since the day they graduated from college. That is what we need.

I would be plenty happy with a young guy like Ryan Odom or Wes Miller. Either would come here and I think do well for a long time.

Whoever we go with needs to be a college basketball guy. He also needs to not have 30 million in the bank and be looking for something fun to do for his second career.

Wellman hasn’t hired a guy who was a legitimately good coach at his prior stop. It’s a pretty simple fix.

Danny's primary background is in the NBA? WTF are you talking about? He started at KU in 2003 and has been in college basketball ever since.

When you spend 16 years in the NBA, that is the foundation of your understanding of how basketball is played.

More importantly, those are 16 years that could have been the foundation of your coaching career.

It almost never happens that a really successful NBA player becomes an outstanding college coach. There are reasons it rarely ever happens.

Very few NBA players try to become NCAA coaches.

He's been around bball his entire life. To say he's an NBA is just wrong.

Wellman will do whatever he wants and the donors keep writing checks.

Very few NBA players try to become NCAA coaches.

He's been around bball his entire life. To say he's an NBA is just wrong.

BZ had been around basketball his whole life as well.

Yeah. The only options for next year are Wellman hires a new coach or Manning is the coach under a new AD.

Why? If we lose tomorrow I don’t see why Wake couldn’t fire Wellman and Manning effective immediately and have a new AD in place by March.

I don’t think you are one of them Ph, but it seems like a lot of people on here don’t think Wellman should lose his job. I’d love to hear the reason why Wellman should stay at Wake a day longer than Manning.

Love the net fat tags. I can actually see my abdominal and oblique muscles. I bet the anonymous tagger has weight problems though. Probably is Ron Wellman's fat ass since I'd bet 90% of the fan base is in agreement Danny has to go. How anyone can fight against fans wanting to see Danny gone is inconceivable to me. Wake would be so much better off if the 5-10% of the fanbase that truly sucks and shills all the time would just die.

Why? If we lose tomorrow I don’t see why Wake couldn’t fire Wellman and Manning effective immediately and have a new AD in place by March.

I don’t think you are one of them Ph, but it seems like a lot of people on here don’t think Wellman should lose his job. I’d love to hear the reason why Wellman should stay at Wake a day longer than Manning.

Hiring an AD or any administrator is a significantly longer process than hiring a coach. And no way are we going to just fire Wellman midseason. He will resign in a May or June after at least a semester notice. That’s just the way things are done.

Wellman will hire a new coach this spring as his final major activity before retiring. Then he’ll announce his retirement, but within the next 18 months so that he can have a hand in selecting his successor. He know he has to leave before Hatch if he wants to leave on his own terms, and the Hatch clock is ticking in conjunction with the Wake Will campaign.

Please discuss and organize here. Willing Alumni need to organize and fund a campaign if Danny is not fired by the end of the Myrtle Beach tournament.
There is zero percent chance Danny Manning is fired before the end of the year. This season will be a disaster and he will be shown the door.

Hiring an AD or any administrator is a significantly longer process than hiring a coach. And no way are we going to just fire Wellman midseason. He will resign in a May or June after at least a semester notice. That’s just the way things are done.

Ahh. So since there’s no chance Wellman is going to get fired midseason we should just accept it. Manning on the other hand . . .

Do you think Wellman should be fired right now?

Ahh. So since there’s no chance Wellman is going to get fired midseason we should just accept it. Manning on the other hand . . .

Do you think Wellman should be fired right now?

I think he should have been fired a long time ago at least for the Bz debacle.

But I know the timeline for these things.

There is a greater than zero percent chance that Manning gets fired before the end of the year.

It’s low. Probably very low. But not zero.

Back